Starting April 16, 2021, Watson Knowledge Catalog customers on IBM Cloud will have access to the following new governance capabilities delivered by IBM Cloud Pak® for Data as a Service.
- Assign IBM Watson Knowledge Catalog service roles and permissions in IAM to control which users can perform which actions.
- Use categories to organize all your governance artifacts and the users who can view and manage those artifacts.
- Create your own classifications.
- Create your own data classes.
- Define more relationships between governance artifacts.
- Create reference data sets to define values for specific types of columns that can be used as data-matching criteria for a data class.
- Create governance rules to provide a description of your governance criteria.
For complete information on the new governance capabilities, how to upgrade to the new experience and to determine when these capabilities are available in your region, please see “What’s new.”