The IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management V2.0 is now operator-based.
IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management enables organizations to securely manage applications no matter how they are designed or where they are deployed. The Cloud Pak is a set of open, pluggable tools built around a core application and governance model. The core architecture helps organizations model applications and dependencies, manage the lifecycles of both applications and infrastructure, consistently govern and secure applications and their deployment models, and deliver observability for the application’s full stack.
We are very excited to introduce a containerized form of installing the Cloud Pak that is completely operator-based. It is super modular and it provides full life-cycle management.
What does this mean for our clients?
- More repeatable installations and upgrades
- Constant health checks of every system component
- Deploy one IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management operator and the twenty-one remaining services and modules install automatically
How does it all work?
Cluster administrators use OperatorHub—a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform web console—to install operators. With a few clicks, you can install and subscribe an operator on a cluster. These operators are then ready for your engineering teams to self-manage applications across deployment environments using the Operator Lifecycle Manager (OLM).
Quick and easy installation steps
- Create a namespace for IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management.
- Create the entitled registry secret.
- Create the installer catalog sources.
The IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management Knowledge Center link at the end of this blog will take you to the procedure to complete the following steps.
- Create the IBM Common Service operator.
- Create the IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management operator.
- Install IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management. With the installation itself, you can take the route that best suits your configuration needs.
- Simple installation: Use a form to provide the information that is required for the installation. You can install only the default services in this mode:
- Advanced installation: Use a YAML specification to install IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management and its modules and services. Use this YAML file to select the operators that you want to install, provide the installation parameters, and update the default configurations, if required:
- Verify the installation:
- Access the IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management console.
Complete an online IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management operator installation by following the instructions in the IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management Knowledge Center.
Learn more about the IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management.