Announcing the general availability of a new course: Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
This new, no-cost Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift course from IBM is designed for all audiences. There are no prerequisites. The course can be completed in less than a day and earns the IBM Containers & Kubernetes Essentials badge.
The Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift course will be of interest to anyone who would like to build cloud technical foundation skills. This course introduces you to containers and explains how they differ from virtual machines. It examines the importance of containers in cloud computing and the emerging ecosystem of related technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, and Istio.
Course topics include the following:
- Introduction to containers
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Scaling container-based environments
- Red Hat OpenShift and the Kubernetes ecosystem
If you’re new to cloud computing or IBM Cloud, I also recommend the following free courses from IBM Center for Cloud Training:
- Introduction to Cloud: Learn core concepts of cloud computing, cloud architecture components, and some real-world applications of cloud computing.
- IBM Cloud Essentials: Get a solid introduction to IBM Cloud services, their ideal use-cases, and real-world applications across industry verticals.
- IBM Cloud Essentials: Hands-On Labs: Gain experience with key topics presented in the IBM Cloud Essentials course by completing IBM Cloud hands-on labs.
- Building Cloud Native and Multicloud Applications: Learn to make decisions about application migration and enterprise modernization in cloud native and multicloud environments.
Each of these courses can be completed in less than a day. Together, they prepare learners for their first IBM Cloud certification, IBM Cloud Solution Advisor.