A new Cloud Developer learning path is available for professional IT Developers who would like to certify on IBM Cloud.
With this learning path, Developers can gain experience with cloud apps and stacks for large-scale, enterprise environments.
Experts from IBM Garage and IBM Global Services created approximately 40 to 50 hours of new digital learning for IBM Cloud Developers through the IBM Center for Cloud Training, including hands-on exercises.
Modules in the professional-level IBM Cloud Developer learning path include the following:
- Introduction to the IBM Cloud Developer Role
- Identifying the IBM Cloud Platform Compute Options
- Deploying Function as a Service and IBM Cloud Functions
- Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
- Deploying Applications on the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
- Deploying an Application on Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud
- Deploying Cloud Native Architectures and Applications
- Overview of Modern Integration Patterns Available
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Integration Services
- Leveraging the API Lifecycle with IBM Cloud
- Preparing for Cloud Native Security
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Identity and Access Management
- Introduction to Secure Key Management
- Introduction to Application Security
- Managing Security Visibility
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Object Storage
- Overview of the IBM Cloud Database Ecosystem
- Overview of IBM Db2 on Cloud
- Introduction to DevOps Capabilities
- Introduction to the IBM Cloud Continuous Delivery Toolchain
- Introduction to Watson API Services
- Introduction to Blockchain Services for Cloud
- Introduction to Watson Internet of Things (IoT)
- Introduction to Mobile Foundation
- Introduction to IBM Garage Services
- Using Auto-Scaling for Applications
- Introduction to Application Monitoring and Logging
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Paks
Other IBM Center for Cloud Training learning paths
Not the training you need? Browse other learning paths by the IBM Center for Cloud Training:
- IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
- IBM Cloud Architect
- IBM Cloud Solution Advisor—Getting Started with IBM Cloud 2020
- IBM Cloud product-focused learning
This IBM Cloud Developer learning path provides exposure to technology and processes assessed by the professional-level IBM Cloud Developer v4 certification exam. To prepare for this certification exam, learners are encouraged to develop their skills by further exploring lab scenarios or working on IBM Cloud projects.
This course is available as an annual learning subscription. The subscription model can be very advantageous. For example:
- Learners can repeat modules as they transition from casual learning to project work, then again to prepare for the certification exam.
- Learners can take advantage of new and updated course modules as they become available during the subscription period.
IBM Learning for Cloud Individual Subscription (Role-based) can be ordered from IBM Sellers, IBM Business Partners, the IBM Center for Cloud Training website, and IBM Product pages for USD $3,600.
Larger projects can buy pre-discounted packs of 75 role-based learning subscriptions for USD $150,000 that can be used to enroll in this, or any other, role-based learning path offered by the IBM Center for Cloud Training. Please contact your IBM Seller or IBM Business Partner for this Enterprise Subscription.
- The cost of IBM Cloud certification exams administered by Pearson VUE varies by country and is not included as part of the IBM Learning for Cloud Subscription.
- IBM Business Partners can find this learning path on IBM PartnerWorld.
- IBM employees should enroll in ICCT learning plans on the IBM Your Learning web site.
- IBM Cloud Education adds new role-based subscriptions that provide training options leading to professional certification for in-demand cloud careers, IBM RFA 76282, available on the IBM Offering Information site.
- Learn more about the IBM Center for Cloud Training.