As IBM continues to invest and innovate on the IBM Cloud Virtual Private Cloud Gen2 infrastructure, we're focusing our efforts to bring you the maximum value in a single VPC Infrastructure platform.
In order to accomplish this, we are formally announcing that the official date for the end of life of VPC Gen1 is February 26, 2021. The IBM Cloud Virtual Private Cloud Gen2 platform offers enhanced features to date, including the following:
- 5X faster virtual server provisioning — provision 100 virtual servers in <1 minute
- The latest and greatest features, like Auto Scale and Network Flow Logs
Prior to February 26, 2021, users must redeploy workload to Kubernetes clusters running on VPC Gen2 infrastructure. The IBM Cloud SRE team will begin manually deleting those resources (clusters, storage) from VPC Gen1 on February 27, 2021.
Clusters and data can be migrated manually following the instructions found in the documentation.
To aid you in this migration, IBM is providing migration assistance free of charge. We've partnered with Wanclouds to provide you with the following:
- Migration advice and planning
- Network architecture migration
- Virtual server and volume migration
- Advice on solution continuity
Let’s get started
Reach out to your assigned CSM directly today if you have any questions. If you do not have one assigned, you can reach out to our Digital Customer Success team via Live Chat.