Kubernetes Version 1.17.2 includes a number of great new features and updates.
We are excited to announce the availability of Kubernetes version 1.17.2 for your clusters that are running in IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. With the Kubernetes service, you can easily upgrade your clusters without the need for deep Kubernetes knowledge. When you deploy new clusters, the default Kubernetes version remains 1.15; you can also choose to immediately deploy version 1.17. Learn more about deploying clusters.
Kubernetes version 1.17
In addition to all the great Kubernetes features provided in this release, IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service version 1.17.2 also includes the following:
- Calico updated to version 3.12.0
- CoreDNS updated to version 1.6.7
- etcd updated to version 3.4.3
- Kubernetes Dashboard updated to version 2.0.0-rc3
- Kubernetes Dashboard metrics scraper updated to version 1.0.3
- Kubernetes nodelocal DNS cached updated to version 1.15.8, which no longer requires worker node reload or update to enable or disable this beta feature
See the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service version 1.17 changelog for details.
Kubernetes support and updates
IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service now supports the latest three versions of Kubernetes: 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17. Clusters that are running Kubernetes versions 1.12 and earlier are unsupported. Clusters running 1.13 are deprecated and will be unsupported on February 22. Clusters running 1.14 are now deprecated with end of support tentatively scheduled for May 21.
It is important to note that clusters that run deprecated or unsupported Kubernetes versions may not receive fixes for security vulnerabilities until they are updated to a supported version. Review the potential impact of each Kubernetes version update, and update your clusters today.