We are happy to announce the general availability of IBM Mobile Foundation as a Software on IBM Cloud.
Mobile Foundation provides a set of services that includes mobile core, push notifications, analytics, feature control with live update, and a private app store. Along with the server-side components, the platform also provides client SDKs for popular frameworks like Ionic, React Native, Xamarin, and native development by using iOS and Android.
IBM Digital App Builder is a free tool that can be used by developers to build rich multi-channel digital apps for web or mobile. Mobile Foundation is deployed on Red Hat OpenShift, and it leverages the capabilities of OpenShift to deliver rich, secure, and scalable applications that use cloud native technologies.
Red Hat OpenShift offers a consistent hybrid cloud foundation for building and scaling containerized applications. It delivers a comprehensive solution for hybrid cloud, enterprise container, and Kubernetes development and deployments. It includes an enterprise-grade Linux® operating system, container runtime, networking, monitoring, container registry, authentication, and authorization solutions. These components are tested together for unified operations on a complete Kubernetes platform that spans every cloud.
How to provision and deploy
As a Software on IBM Cloud, Mobile Foundation customers can use their Passport Advantage entitlement to provision an instance on IBM Cloud that uses a managed OpenShift cluster. If you do not have a Mobile Foundation entitlement, kindly contact your local Sales rep.
To deploy Mobile Foundation as a Software on IBM Cloud, you need the following:
- A VPC (Virtual Processor Core) license for Mobile Foundation.
- Red Hat OpenShift Cluster from IBM Cloud. This includes an OpenShift license and hosting charges (worker nodes, load balancer, etc.).
Mobile Foundation as a Software on IBM Cloud is designed to provide value to our clients
- Capacity, flexibility, and scalability: The service provides an option to quickly augment capacity or roll out an application by using Mobile Foundation licenses and managed infrastructure on IBM Cloud.
- Reduction of IT expenses and offloading Day 2 operations for the platform: As Red Hat OpenShift is managed, clients need not worry about managing the platform. Clients only need to manage the Mobile Foundation server.
- Faster installation process: The installation of Mobile Foundation on OpenShift can be done with a user-friendly self-service interface on IBM Cloud.