The Hébergeurs de Données de Santé or Health Data Hosting (HDS) certification is required by a revision to the 2018 French Public Health Code.
The certification outlines conditions under which personal health data collected in France must be protected.
IBM Cloud Infrastructure Services has received HDS certification, confirming security controls are in place to protect confidential and sensitive health data.
IBM data centers in France and Germany have been audited and certified for HDS by Bureau Veritas, a firm accredited by French authorities to conduct HDS audits.
The HDS certification demonstrates the comprehensive measures IBM takes to secure and protect personal health data on IBM Cloud. IBM Cloud Infrastructure Services also comply with the following:
- Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST) Common Security Framework (CSF)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management and ISO/IEC 27018 Code of Practice for Protecting Personal Data in the Cloud certifications, with annual independent audits for compliance
- SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2, and SOC 3 reports, with at least annual independent audits for compliance
- Learn more about IBM Cloud compliance offerings by visiting the IBM Trust Center.