IBM Cloud Infrastructure Services has attained ENS High certification for its data centers in the EU and UK via a thorough assessment by an accredited independent auditor.
The Esquema Nacional de Seguridad (ENS) (National Security Scheme) in Spain is a legal decree governing controls in compliance with Spanish and EU security and privacy standards that apply to all public organizations and government agencies, as well as their cloud service providers.
The scheme has accreditations for systems handling information of Basic, Medium, and High levels of sensitivity.
IBM Cloud data centers included in the scope are as follows:
- AMS01: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- AMS03: Almere, Netherlands
- FRA02: Frankfurt, Germany
- FRA04: Frankfurt, Germany
- FRA05: Frankfurt, Germany
- LON02: Chessington, Greater London
- LON04: Farnborough, United Kingdom
- LON05: Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
- LON06: Berkshire, United Kingdom
- MIL01: Milan, Italy
- OSL01: Oslo, Norway
- PAR01: Paris, France
The ENS High certification covers the comprehensive measures IBM Cloud Infrastructure Services take to secure and protect sensitive data, expanding IBM Cloud compliance capabilities, including:
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management, ISO/IEC 27017:2015 Code of Practice for Information Security Controls, and ISO/IEC 27018 Code of Practice for Protecting Personal Data in the Cloud certifications, with annual independent audits for compliance
- SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2, and SOC 3 reports, with annual independent audits for compliance
Learn more about IBM Cloud compliance offerings by visiting the IBM Trust Center.