For enterprises looking to adopt cloud, security and regulatory compliance are top-of-mind concerns.
Customers want to be assured that their workloads with sensitive data are secure—protected from insider and external threats and from unauthorized privileged user access. Additionally, the infrastructure needs to be able to scale rapidly and provide high performance for mission-critical applications.
IBM is announcing the Beta for IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers, the industry’s first customer-managed LinuxONE-based virtual servers in the public cloud. The offer provides customers complete authority over their LinuxONE based workloads; even IBM Cloud admins will not have access.
Who can benefit from IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers?
Part of the IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services portfolio, and complementing existing virtual server options on IBM Cloud, IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers caters to the needs of the following:
- Existing Z/LinuxONE customers and ISVs who will now have the option to use IBM Cloud for Dev, Test, and Backup for LinuxONE-based workloads
- Regulated industries like Government, Banking, Healthcare, Telecommunication that require highly secure compute resources to meet data privacy and geo- and industry-specific regulations
- Startups and FinTechs, especially those dealing with digital/cryptocurrency, who now have a virtual server option where their business IP and sensitive data are highly secure
The IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers are built on IBM LinuxONE technology that provides mainframe-level security, reliability, and scalability in an easy to consume ‘As-A-Service’ model. Designed to address the needs of LoB owners while keeping it simple for application developers, the offer provides the following:
- An easy-to-use UI to spin up new virtual server instances and to maintain and monitor the instances
- Support for industry certifications and client regulatory compliance activities
- Beta includes one simple, free tier where each instance includes 1vCPU, 2 GB RAM, and 50GB of storage, unlimited inbound public bandwidth, and unlimited private network (server-to-server) bandwidth
Here is what you need to know
If you already have an existing instance from the Experimental release, you can continue to use it and it will have all the new functionality and updates from the Beta release.
Try IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Virtual Servers for free today, and check out the Getting Started video below:
Follow IBM Cloud
Be the first to hear about news, product updates, and innovation from IBM Cloud.Email subscribeRSS