We will be retiring several Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans on September 30, 2020.
Here’s what you need to know.
- Db2 Warehouse on Cloud SMP Small
- Db2 Warehouse on Cloud SMP Medium
- Db2 Warehouse on Cloud SMP Large
- Db2 Warehouse on Cloud MPP Small
End of Plan Availability for Provisioning: May 26, 2020
Starting today, you will not be able to provision new instances of the Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans listed above. We will continue to support existing instances of the plans mentioned above until September 30, 2020.
End of Plan Support: September 30, 2020
- Until September 30, 2020 (150 days after the End of Plan Availability for Provisioning), all existing instances of the Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans listed above will continue to be available and accessible.
- After the End of Plan Support date, any instance of the plans listed above that are still provisioned will be deleted, and all stored data will be destroyed securely.
All other plans for this offering are not affected and will remain in place as they exist today.
If no action is taken by September 30, 2020, all data stored in the Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans listed above will be destroyed securely, without options for data recovery.
Ensuring our customers are using our newest architecture
Over the past couple of years, we've released new Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans that feature elastic scaling of compute and storage, self-service backup and restore, and in-cluster high availability. They’re designed to replace the plans that we'll soon be retiring. Having to sunset plans is a difficult decision and we fully understand the inconvenience this may cause, but we want to ensure all of our customers are receiving the benefits that come with the new plans.
We offer several elastic data warehouse plans to meet your workload requirements:
- Flex One: A single-partitioned (SMP) plan designed for growing enterprises.
- Flex: A multi-partitioned (MPP) plan designed for storage-dense workloads and inexpensive query of large data sets.
- Flex Performance: A multi-partitioned (MPP) plan designed for compute-dense, production workloads that demand compute performance.
If you’re currently using one of our affected Db2 Warehouse on Cloud plans (SMP Small, SMP Medium, SMP Large, MPP Small), we’ll soon be reaching out to you with next steps on how to migrate to our next-generation plans.
Assistance and questions
Please open a support ticket if you have any questions.