Sign up for exclusive, early access and help shape Intel® Xeon technology inside IBM Cloud VPC.
An exclusive, early access beta program for IBM Cloud Virtual Servers for VPC featuring 4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors will be available at no cost to select customers in the spring of 2023. We’re currently inviting interested customers to take the first step and sign up now by filling out a simple form that tells us a little bit about you and your workload requirements. From there, we’ll quickly connect you with an expert beta product manager to discuss program eligibility and details.
Beta at-a-glance: 4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors on IBM Cloud Virtual Servers for VPC
IBM Cloud Virtual Servers for VPC offers fast-provisioning compute capacity with the highest network speeds and most secure, software-defined networking resources available on IBM Cloud. This developer-friendly infrastructure—soon with 4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors—aims to help drive modern high-performance computing (HPC) workloads faster and easier with pre-set instance profiles, rapid deployment and the latest in microarchitecture security with private network controls in an agile public cloud environment.
- Choose a pre-set, NUMA-aligned profile and define your workload performance type:
- Balanced profiles: A mix of performance and scalability for more common workloads, with a ratio of 1 vCPU for every 5GiB of memory. The Balanced profile family includes profiles with and without instance storage.
- Memory profiles: Best for memory-intensive workloads, such as large caching workloads, intensive database applications or in-memory analytics for workloads with 11 GiB of Memory for every 1vCPU of compute. The Memory profile family includes profiles with and without instance storage.
- Build applications and help secure your workloads with Intel security essentials designed to deliver hardware-integrated protections for your most sensitive and performance-hungry operations:
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration: Designed to reduce the penalty of implementing pervasive data encryption, improve throughput with strong encryption for AVX 512 ISA and speed up intensive workloads, including SSL web server, 5G, infrastructure and VPN/firewalls.
- Intel® Advanced Matrix Extensions (Intel® AMX): Designed for accelerated training and interference, reduced latency and increased I/O throughput when running one or a handful of artificial intelligence (AI) tasks.