Not just any private cloud.
This is IBM Cloud Private.
Fast. Flexible. Intelligent. Open. Enterprise-grade.
Cloud–based encoding powered by IBM Aspera highspeed data transfer
Netflix’s intermittent content purchases result in highly variable demand in compute, storage and network resources for transcoding jobs. Datacenters needed to be provisioned to support peak loads with high upfront CapEx investments, only to remain idle the rest of the time.
The company uses IBM Aspera On Demand with Directto-Cloud technology to move newly licensed content into AWS S3 storage for transcoding and distribution to subscribers.
Innovation at scale
Netflix achieved these key benefits:
- 10 x data transfer rate improvements
- Faster then real-time transcoding
- Accelerated turn around times to bring content to subscribers sooner
- Elimination of upfront CapEx investments in fixed capacity data centers
Accelerating application provisioning and IT operations with an IT service orchestration solution
Swiss Reinsurance Co. Ltd. (SwissRe) needed to increase agility in its IT services to better support business demands. Its inherently complex IT landscape, involving multiple clouds and shadow IT, made it difficult to manage services from end to end
SwissRe created an IT service orchestration solution using IBM Cloud Orchestrator, IBM Netcool, and IBM Business Process Manager software that eliminates silos and manual processes, and reduces IT operations workloads.
SwissRe anticipates these key benefits:
- Achieve speed through automation of over 45,000 processes/month across multiple applications and clouds
- 99% reduction in delivery time
- 250+ workdays saved
Personalizing hybrid cloud service delivery through self-service provisioning
Royal KPN was losing customers to competitors because the storage services were slow and inconsistent. Like many companies, Royal KPN utilizes cloud storage services, but its storage services were offshore and needed to be moved back to The Netherlands in order to streamline service delivery
The company utilizes IBM Cloud Orchestrator V2.4 software to automate cloud and hybrid cloud environments, delivering self-services to customers and creating a digital audit trail of all related activities.
Royal KPN anticipates these key benefits:
- 99% reduction in service request and delivery times, from days to minutes
- Saves cost equivalent of 15-20 full-time employees while experiencing a 45% in data storage demand
- Automates all workflow tasks associated with receiving and fulfilling personalized storage service requests
Bernhardt Furniture Co. Delivering digital transformation in 10 weeks
Bernhardt Furniture Co. needed a faster way to deliver enhancements to business applications and a more flexible architecture to facilitate new capabilities and accommodate rapid growth.
For maximum adaptability, Bernhardt replaced its administrative back-end with a microservices architecture and API infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment. The company also adopted a DevOps approach to facilitate quick and continuous service improvements.
Bernhardt Furniture Co. anticipates these key benefits:
- 20% more customers engaged by sellers during sales events
- 20% sales increase because of enhanced customer engagement and ordering capabilities
- Transformation of IT into a strategic solution that can proactively deliver new business capabilities
Taking an innovative telemedicine service global with IBM Cloud and cognitive technologies
To evolve its telemedicine platform into an enterpriselevel solution for worldwide delivery, Doctome needed to team with an IT leader with global data center presence and cutting-edge cloud services.
Doctome created a service-based architecture in an IBM Cloud environment, launching an intuitive mobile app for initiating video and chat consultations with care providers. The business plans to integrate services from the IBM Watson™ Developer Cloud portfolio in its offering to field patient queries.
Doctome® anticipates these key benefits:
- Scales on demand to accommodate delivery to organizations of all sizes
- Offers global presence to support customer requirements for data hosting worldwide
- Integrates easily with third-party platforms and systems for seamless collaboration and growth
Don’t get lost in the clouds. Improve the management of your multi-cloud environment through automation and cognitive insights.
Use the hybrid cloud storage solution that adapts to your workload needs and is designed for global security with data encryption and geo-dispersed data.
Contact me to learn more:
Cloud & Hybrid Cloud BeNeLux
IBM Digital Sales
Stephanie van Barneveld
Cloud & Hybrid Cloud BeNeLux
IBM Digital Sales