Business Partner certifications must be earned and retained by Full Time Resource of the Business Partner
Business Partner certifications must be earned and retained by Full-time Resource of the Business Partner organization. "Full-time Resource" means a Business Partner employee, or an independent contractor, consultant or agent who has been and will continue to be working in support of the Business Partner's business activities for a minimum of 32 hours per week.
When reporting or viewing firm certification status via the link below, you will be leaving this Web page and accessing the IBM PartnerWorld Profiling System (PPS). An IBM ID and password is required to report your employees candidate ID and view certifications achieved by the employees of your firm. The processes below for reporting certifications are done via the Update Profile section of PPS.
Reporting IBM Credentials (certifications, mastery exams, and badges) in PPS
The Authorized Profile Administrator (APA) at each Business Partner firm is responsible for reporting certification achievement on behalf of firm employees into the IBM PartnerWorld Profiling System (PPS).
Please follow these steps:
- Reporting IBM Certifications, Mastery Exams, and Badges in PPS
- Link to the PPS system and sign on
- Select Update your company profile
- Select employee which is found on the left navigation
- Select the employee to update
- Select Action: Skills and Certifications
- Add a Candidate ID
- Enter the Candidate ID supplied on the candidates test score report
- Submit and retain the confirmation number for reference.
Please refer to the PartnerWorld Profiling System (PPS) Certification and/or Mastery Exam help section for this procedure and additional reporting hints and tips.
Reporting and viewing IBM Badges
When a badge recognized by PartnerWorld is issued in ACCLAIM, the individuals email address will be used to identify the PartnerWorld Candidate ID.
The individual issued a badge recognized by PartnerWorld will get two different email.
- An email from ACCLAIM asking them to accept the badge and make it public. Always accept the badge in ACCLAIM if you want it to feed into PPS.
- An email from PartnerWorld advising the candidate ID assigned to the badge and instructions for how to make the badge active in PW.
If your badge is not showing in PPS take the following steps.
1. Check the eligible skills tables (product) and (competency) to see if your badge is recognized by PW.
If your badge is on either of the eligible skills tables it is recognized for Partner programs.
2. Always accept the badge and make it public in ACCLAIM. Only accepted badges showing on the eligible skills table (see above) will be recognized in PartnerWorld.
3. Work with your Authorized Profile Administrator (APA) to add the Candidate ID to the IBM PartnerWorld Profiling System (PPS) following the instructions in the section 1. Reporting IBM Certifications, Mastery Exams, and Badges in PPS above. If you don't know the Candidate ID assigned to the badge reach out to PartnerWorld Contact Services for assistance.
Reporting Non-IBM certifications
The APA or the employee may also report Non-IBM certifications. To do this, you will again need to update the
employee profile which contains entry capability for Non-IBM certifications. Login to the PartnerWorld
Profiling System (PPS) where you can view and update your company's information. One or more Non-IBM
certifications may be entered at a time.
Each Non-IBM certification will require documentation to be mailed to IBM in order to verify achievement.
To report your Non-IBM certifications, open your employee profile and follow this procedure:
- From your Employee information, scroll down to Non-IBM Certifications and click the box to add or view Non-IBM certifications.
- In the new window that opens, select the Non-IBM Certification(s) that you want to report via the pull-down list.
- Save/exit and retain the confirmation number for future reference.
Please refer to the attachment below to send proof/evidence of the achieved Non-IBM certification.
The Authorized Profile Administrator (APA) at each Business Partner firm must report Employee Movement to IBM via the IBM PartnerWorld Profiling System (PPS) in the Employee Profile Employee End Date Field within 30 days of the employee leaving the firm. The APA can access this field through the employee's profile. The only step to complete is to enter the Employment End Date.
When a Business Partner notifies IBM via the PPS Employee Movement Reporting Function that a certified employee has left and the firm no longer meets the certification requirement, the firm qualifies for a three month grace period for both (VAE) and (Platform Certification) in order to meet the certification requirement by achieving and reporting the required certifications.
If the Business Partner fails to notify IBM within 30 days of the employees last workday that the certified employee has left their firm, leaving the firm without certification in a product area, the Business Partner forfeits the grace period. When IBM discovers that a certified employee has left the firm without prior notification from the firm, IBM will under normal circumstances notify the firm via a "Notice of Deauthorization" letter, however IBM reserves the right to terminate with notice the Business Partner's approval to sell the affected IBM products.