Online Proctored exams for both Technical Certification and Technical Sales Mastery will be available starting Dec 4.
Online Proctored testing is simply another option to take an exam, but because it is an IBM certification exam it does come with its own set of requirements to guarantee exam integrity. For any Technical Certification or Technical Sales Mastery exam that is up to 90 minutes in duration, you now have the option to take the exam either as online proctored or at a PearsonVue facility. Any exam longer than 90 minutes will continue to be delivered at a PearsonVue test center.
Before registering for an Online Proctored exam
It is important that you review the minimum system requirements and run system test and exam simulation before registering for the exam.
To take advantage of online proctoring, your computer MUST have an operational webcam and microphone.
Download and run the system test from the same computer and location you will be testing from. The system test will simulate the exam experience and verify whether your system can run the online proctored software. The test includes a webcam, microphone and internet connection check. You will also take a one question exam that will test the secured browser connection. Note that the secured browser will take up your whole screen. This process will take approximately 5 minutes. You can review the system requirements and run the system the system and exam simulation here. If you purchase an online proctored exam and your computer equipment does not meet the requirements, you will not receive a refund. If your computer does not meet these requirements, please register to take the exam at the test center.
Register for an Exam
- Start here > PearsonVUE
- Click Sign-in
- Select "View Exams"
- Expand the Exam category of your choice and click on the exam you want to complete
- Select how you want to book the exam:
- Complete registration process.
NOTE: Assessment Exams and Sales Mastery Exams are only available online, they do not require Online Proctor.
On the day of the Exam
- Sign in to your PearsonVue web account to start your exam.
- The exam you scheduled will appear once you log into your account under "Open Online Exams (IBT)". Select the exam link, and then select "Begin exam".
- Have your acceptable identification available so that your identity can be verified.
- Shutdown any nonÃ¢â¬Âessential applications such as email, chat, Facebook or Skype.
- You will be placed into a queue and will contact with the next available Proctor.
- The check-in process takes approximately 15 minutes for candidates who have previously completed a simulation test.
You can begin your exam process promptly at your scheduled appointment time.
You have up to 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment time to begin the exam process.
You are not permitted to begin the exam process after the allotted 15 minutes.
You are required to present a current, government-issued form of ID. The name on your ID must match the name in your IBM Certification profile. If these do not match then you may not be able to continue with the exam process. Acceptable forms of identification include: Driver's license, military ID, identification card (national/state/province identity card), alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa), and government-issued local language ID (not in Roman characters) accepted only if issued from the country in which the candidate is testing. Minors who are under the age of 18 are permitted to present a valid student ID as a form of identification. The candidate's guardian must also present a valid ID and must provide verbal consent during the check-in process. For more information reference Pearson VUE ID Policy.
During the check-in, the Proctor will ask to see your environment to ensure you have a clean desktop and you are not within arm's reach of books, notepads, post-it notes, papers, pens, pencils or other writing instruments/objects. To complete the required work-area scan, the Proctor will ask you to take a step back and use your webcam to slowly scan your work area including walls, floor space and the desktop. Additional monitors must be unplugged and computers must be turned off. Items on the wall such as wall art, posters and whiteboards will be inspected. If you are unable to complete a room scan, you are not permitted to proceed further or to take the exam.
- During the exam, you may not access the following types of personal items: hand-held computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats (or other head coverings), bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved.
- If you are wearing long sleeves, you are asked to roll up your sleeves to show that there is no writing on your arms.
- Watches must be removed and placed out of sight/reach during the exam.
- If you are wearing a tie, you are asked to lift the tie to show the Proctor that nothing is hidden under the tie.
- If you have long hair that covers your ears, you are asked to pull your hair back to show the Proctor that there is nothing attached to your ear.
Finally, I encourage you to review the Online Proctoring FAQs and Online Proctored Exams Policies and Procedures from PearsonVue before registering for an Online Proctored exam. If there are any other questions or concerns not answered here or on the FAQ please contact Pearson VUE Customer Service.