Business Challenge story
Manufacturer Hansgrohe found that after significant worldwide expansion, its Oracle-based systems struggled to cope with increased workload, impacting production, sales and customer services.
Hansgrohe migrated its SAP Business Warehouse and SAP ERP applications from Oracle Database to IBM® DB2® running on IBM Power® 770 servers with IBM AIX® connected to IBM Storwize® V7000 storage.
Boosts performance by up to 10 percent and reduces downtime during weekly backup window by 40 percent. Avoids investment costs in additional storage with up to 87 percent total data compression.
- DB2 with BLU Acceleration
- IBM Power Systems running AIX
- IBM-SAP Alliance
- Power Systems
- Retail: Smarter Merchandising and Supply Networks
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Analytics and Reporting
- SAP ERP
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM)
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse
- SAP Solution Manager
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM)
- Storage: IBM Storwize V7000
- Storage: IBM TS3310 Tape Library
- Storage: IBM TS3500 Tape Library