Optimal data security
Comply with regulatory requirements and preserve stakeholder trust by protecting data from unauthorized access and unintentional loss. Tape cartridge portability facilitates remote, off line data storage for protection from natural or manmade threats that can impact online or onsite data storage. IBM LTO Ultrium 6 data cartridges are compatible with LTO Ultrium 6 tape drives, offering device-level data encryption to ensure data privacy and reduce data corruption risk from virus or sabotage.
WORM cartridge model
Leverage the WORM cartridge model to store data in a non-erasable, non-rewritable format to prevent overwriting of stored data and reduce the risk of data loss due to human error.
IBM Spectrum Archive support
Support tape partitioning and Spectrum Archive that features the IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS) for data protection and preservation. With Spectrum Archive, data files are indexed to facilitate search and retrieval using disk-like directory tree structures and drag-and-drop. Users and applications can retrieve files from tape rather than rely on proprietary, third-party applications, significantly enhancing data access and potentially reducing software licensing costs and dependencies.
2.5 TB native capacity
Manage rapid data growth with increased storage capacity. The sixth generation of LTO Ultrium tape media delivers 2.5 TB native capacity and up to 6.25 TB of compressed capacity for even greater efficiency and performance. This exceptional capacity helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based data storage.
Machine type, Model (Part numbers):
- LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge: 3589-650 (p/n 00V7590)
- LTO Ultrium 6 WORM Cartridge: 3589-670 (p/n 00V7591)
- LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge: 3589-004 (p/n 35L2086)
- Limited lifetime warranty: Free from defects in manufacturing/materials for the useful product life
Cartridge characteristics: Cartridge size (L x W x D) 102.0 mm x 105.4 mm x 21.5 mm (4.02 in. x 4.15 in. x 0.85 in.); Data cartridge weight 200 g (0.441 lb); Cleaning cartridge weight 115 g (0.254 lb).
Safety characteristics: Toxicity: nonhazardous to human health in anticipated use Flammability: self-extinguishing per UL94.
- Operating conditions: 10°C – 45°C (50°F – 113°F); 10% – 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Short-term storage conditions: 16°C – 35°C (61°F – 95°F); 20% – 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Long-term storage conditions: 16°C – 25°C (61°F – 77°F); 20% – 50% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb maximum
- Shipping conditions: -23°C – 49°C (-9°F – 120°F); 20% – 80% RH; 26°C (79°F) wet bulb max
- Disposal: Classified nonhazardous waste/EPA regulation 40CFR261; disposed of as normal office trash
General and tape characteristics:
Cartridge models: LTO Ultrium 6 2.5 TB rewritable data cartridge; LTO Ultrium 6 2.5 TB non-erasable, non-rewritable WORM cartridge.
- Media type: Linear serpentine recording half-inch cartridge
- Data capacity: 2.5 TB native; Up to 6.25 TB with 2.5:1 data compression
- Total tape thickness: 6.1 µ (0.00024 in.)
- Tape length: 846 m (2775 ft)