IBM Automation Control for z/OS features
High availability and automated operations
Automate, monitor and control single system IBM® z/OS® software environments and local IBM Z® hardware resources, including the Hardware Management Console (HMC). By monitoring IBM Z applications, hardware components, automated processes, messages and alerts, you can respond to outages before they impact business users.
Smart assistance for reduced configuration time
Ease and accelerate system setup and configuration by defining configurations with greater accuracy and consistency, and help reduce coding and support efforts. You can eliminate manual setup steps during policy customization due to automatic discovery of needed parameters. Collect the most important set of parameters in a single options file and automatically generate required artifacts. You can also perform a runtime check and validate successful configuration completion.
Policy-based, goal-driven automation
Automate repetitive, complex tasks using goal-oriented automation technology and eliminate the need to script automation yourself. Start, stop, monitor and recover z/OS and z/OS UNIX System Services applications and resources. Perform goal-oriented automation based on desired resource states—available or unavailable. Conduct a staged IPL or system shutdown. Multiple users can edit and browse policies concurrently. Log policy changes for change management and auditing.
Control activation and deactivation of logical partitions on the local processor, the z/OS initial program load (IPL) process and software running on z/OS, including complex subsystems—and manage system availability and performance proactively using enterprise-tested automation and control tools.
Monitors and controls processor hardware operations
Take advantage of automation and simplified operations of z/OS and UNIX System Services (USS) applications and resources, processor hardware and IBM zEnterprise™ BladeCenters. Use functionality from IBM automation products: IBM NetView® for z/OS—providing the automation platform—and System Automation for z/OS—providing solutions for automated operations of both software and hardware.
- Operating System: z/OS 1.12, 1,13, 2.1 or 2.2
- Supports IBM Db2® 9.1. 10.1, 11.1, 12.1 and future fix packs
- Supports IBM IMS™ 9, 10, 11, 12, 12.1.0, 12.1.0, 13, 13.10, 14 and future fix packs
- Supports IMS Database Value Unit Edition 14.1.0 and future fix packs
- Supports IMS Universal JDBC driver 13, 14 and future fix packs
- Disk Space -- Server – 350 MB -- All supported z/OS operating systems
- Memory -- Server – 500 MB -- All supported z/OS operating systems
- Processor -- Server – IBM Z: z9 or higher -- All supported z/OS operating systems