Share this post:
– You can use the Watson Visual Recognition API service in your apps to understand the contents of images.
– You can even train Watson to recognize specialized image content that relates to a particular industry.
– Watson offers videos, tutorials, demos, technical documentation and guides to help you get started.
Try our Visual Recognition API
You can use the IBM Watson Visual Recognition API service in your apps to understand the contents of images, such as faces. You can even train Watson to recognize specialized image content that relates to a particular industry. Right now, Visual Recognition is helping geoinformatics company OmniEarth combat drought in California, social media analytics firm iTrend analyze unstructured social media data and fashion designer Jason Grech understand fashion trends.
At the Watson Visual Recognition home page, you can find out more about the API, try a demonstration, and go through links to helpful information. People learn in different ways, so here’s a list of resources you can use no matter what your preferred learning style may be.
1. Documentation for linguistic learners
The Watson APIs have extensive documentation to help you start using the Watson services and set up your environment on the IBM cloud platform. In the Visual Recognition section, you’ll find tutorials and extensive documentation:
2. Diagrams and code examples for visual learners
To get a visual overview of the architecture and use cases that show you how you might use the Visual Recognition API, check out the Visual Recognition Overview page. You also can:
- Run through the demonstration of the BluePic application, which lets you share photos with other BluePic users. The app uses a Kitura-based server application written in Swift in a mobile iOS application.
- Read this blog post about how you can create custom classifiers to train the Visual Recognition service to recognize specific content within your images and get sample code.
3. Videos and webinars for aural learners
If you like to learn by listening, the Building With Watson series is a great resource for techniques on how to get the most from Watson. For Visual Recognition, check out these webinars and videos:
4. Sample applications and API Explorer for physical learners
When you want to get down into the code, check out these resources:
Find answers to all your “Visual Recognition” questions
As you’re learning and experimenting with Visual Recognition, if you run into questions or have comments, you can share them in our developerWorks forums. For more answers, you can check out these developer communities as well:
- The Watson forums on Stack Overflow.
- The Watson forum on dW Answers.
Ready to get started? Try it out on Bluemix now.
Try Watson Visual Recognition with our free 30-day trial