January 21, 2019 | Written by: Watson Health
Categorized: Blog Post | Value-Based Care
Share this post:
At the HIMSS19 conference and exhibition (Feb 11-15 in Orlando, FL), Watson Health will introduce new capabilities using artificial intelligence, data visualization and conversational technologies to help you modernize your infrastructure for advanced analytics, collaborate with your providers and engage consumers in better health management.
If you are interested in scheduling a meeting with one of our industry experts at HIMSS19 and exploring how we can help you accelerate your business transformation strategies please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our customers panel for a breakfast briefing
Wednesday, February 13, 7:15am
Transforming transactions in health: Using blockchain technology to improve healthcare
The exchange of information, money, and supplies across the healthcare ecosystem has long posed challenges to health organizations. There is a significant benefit to applying blockchain technology to enable digital transformation of health organizations. Engage with leaders from payers, providers, financial institutions, and technology company discussing the applications of blockchain to enable more efficient, secure, and verifiable digital transactions among various entities in the healthcare ecosystem.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED in advance
Meet our industry experts for a personal conversation and demo
Visit our Watson Health Payer team at the IBM Watson Health Booth #6459 and ask for a tour through our payer solutions in the Performance Management, Consumer Engagement and Enterprise Transformation Zones where we will show you how you can:
- Strategically engage employer groups with state-of-the-art data visualization and cognitive technologies that enable you to proactively monitor clinical, operational and financial components of health plan performance with ease, accuracy and speed.
- Use quick-access reporting with drill-down capability provides critical decision support when you need it.
- Spot trends and detect changes early, and track and benchmark program performance to inform plan strategy and structure.
- Drive fast, dynamic and personalized interactions with your members, at scale. Answer real-world questions about complex health plan benefits and more, quickly and easily, in natural language that is easy to understand.
- Leverage and supplement existing infrastructure, resource assets and critical information needs to enhance and act as a bridge between your business intelligence systems, data store or warehouse to get the most value from your data for analyzing performance, optimizing utilization, and managing population-risk.
Dive into our Think Tank or Theater for a closer look
Want to learn more? Join our industry leaders for interactive discussions that will be held at IBM Watson Health Booth #6459
- Session # TA5 – Change detection: Surfacing the unknown from dark data
Tuesday February 12, 2:00–3:00pm
Watson Health has developed a new method of machine learning that combines artificial intelligence with change-point analysis. It is a cognitive analytic engine that behaves like a collaborative team of experienced healthcare data scientists at-scale. It identifies emerging cost drivers that may not be clinically meaningful and can often have been missed due to the insidious nature of healthcare cost trends. The engine effectively combines hierarchical and semantic knowledge of the medical domain with sophisticated methodologies from statistical process control theory.
- Session # T14 – Enabling Bundled Payments on Blockchain
Tuesday February 12, 5:00–5:30pm
Blockchain based bundled payment solutions are expected to reduce administrative costs and delays inherent in traditional approaches to managing bundled payments. These solutions will help with design and management of innovative bundles and facilitate wide-spread adoption of bundles. Join us to learn about the solution and to hear commentary from bundled payment experts.
- Session # Th3 – Fueling the Personal Consumer Health Journey
Thursday February 14, 11:00-11:30am
Learn how Welltok and IBM Watson Health are partnering to bring a unique, integrated consumer engagement solution that covers the whole consumer health journey: from deciding the best mix of products to offer consumers, to guiding them through the whole process of benefit enrollment, program navigation and activation.
These are just some of the ways IBM is helping payers through the tumultuous path of healthcare transformation. From business transformation services to cloud technologies and services, security, data interoperability and more, we can help you. Visit us at the IBM Watson Health Booth #6459.