March 13, 2019 | Written by: Brian Chaput
Categorized: Digital Experience
Share this post:
Comprehensive. Innovative. These are just two of the words the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Experience Platforms report uses to describe IBM’s Digital Experience software.1
IBM Digital Experience is again part of the Leader quadrant for the Gartner Digital Experience Platforms report, as it had been for many years in the former Gartner Horizontal Portals report.
Why this continued recognition from the analyst community?
Gartner says, “IBM’s Digital Experience platform, which is a combination of IBM Digital Experience Manager (which includes WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager) and Watson Content Hub, is comprehensive and innovative due to the vendor’s focus on AI, cloud capabilities, the UX/UI and multichannel deployments.”
A great digital experience platform has to be both comprehensive and innovative. Left brain and right brain-friendly. IT and Marketing-friendly. Capable of powerful integration with the back-end systems you have and easy-to-use, so as not to kill the creative spark. The IBM Digital Experience platform stands apart in the ability to execute in both powerful and creative ways.
Here’s just some of what IBM Digital Experience delivers:
- Omnichannel experience: You can deliver the experiences your customers expect by easily offering engaging omnichannel experiences, responsive content, targeted offers and consistent branding.
- Intuitive, rich content management. Eliminate data silos with a centralized content strategy that allows for the easy identification and selection of content that can be used across multiple environments. This helps maximize the use of your content and ensures that you can deliver the right content every time.
- Analytics and insights. Help identify, analyze and act on user behavior patterns to improve the experience and drive loyalty.
- Personalized content delivery. Identify user needs through profiling and data prediction. Regardless of channel or device, the right digital experience can then be created in real time with the right content, offer and emotional appeal. This will lead to a better, faster and more efficient customer journey.
- Open platform with strong APIs and integration. Find a platform that helps aggregate content, data and applications quickly and easily. Through 2021, 85 percent of effort and cost for a DXP program will be spent on integrations with internal and external systems, including the DXP’s own built-in capabilities.2
- Highly scalable. Make the most of new technology and the ability to handle more users and their digital interactions without reducing performance.
Download the report
1Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Experience Platforms, ID G00351640, 11 February 2019.
2 “Critical capabilities for digital experience platforms,” Irina Guseva, Gene Phifer, Mike Lowndes, Gavin Tay, Gartner, 12 Feb 2019