October 31, 2018 | Written by: Caley Iandiorio
Share this post:
Just under a year ago we delivered IBM WebSphere Commerce V9, a modern commerce platform and modular architecture that simplifies application delivery and management by leveraging container technology. With an updated technology stack and micro-service approach, WebSphere Commerce V9 helps:
- Reduce time spent deploying, managing and maintaining their commerce application
- Deliver new commerce services and innovations to the business faster
- Reduce commerce application footprint and total cost of ownership
To learn more about WebSphere Commerce V9 click here.
While V9 is already delivering value to clients, we are always looking for ways to accelerate time to value and make it easier for organizations to adopt V9. To help, we recently certified WebSphere Commerce to work with IBM Cloud Private.
“IBM Cloud Private (ICP) is helping hundreds of leading enterprises worldwide modernize their business applications and IT operations…”
IBM Cloud Private (ICP) is helping hundreds of leading enterprises worldwide modernize their business applications and IT operations, giving them a transition to cloud that’s designed to simplify maintenance of their on-premises systems on which they still depend for many mission-critical applications and sensitive data sets. And for online sellers, there’s nothing more mission-critical and sensitive than their e-commerce platform and customer data.
Introducing IBM Cloud Private for WebSphere Commerce
IBM Cloud Private is a cloud platform as a service to manage containerized workloads and built on open-source frameworks, with services for application deployment, monitoring, logging and security. For many WebSphere Commerce clients, IBM Cloud Private eliminates the need for them to develop deep skills in container deployment and management technologies, helping them more quickly migrate to V9 and realize its benefits. With IBM Cloud Private, clients can configure their WebSphere Commerce application environment and deploy application components in a matter of hours instead of weeks or months, and simplify ongoing application management, accelerating time to value and reducing commerce platform cost of ownership.
IBM Cloud Private helps WebSphere Commerce clients:
- Speed application deployment with pre-configured runtime frameworks built on Docker and Kubernetes
- Deliver enhanced support to run CPU-intensive capabilities like machine learning or data analytics quickly
- Accelerate delivery of new commerce services, extensions and upgrades with built in DevOps tools and processes, and prebuilt CI/CD pipelines
- Flexibly deploy in their own environment or in public cloud environments, and easily move between them
Together IBM WebSphere Commerce and IBM Cloud Private gives organizations the benefits of cloud and SaaS without giving up control of their customer experience or customer data.
To learn more about IBM Cloud Private and what it means for WebSphere Commerce join this webinar, or schedule a complimentary V9 migration consultation.