Share this post:
Cognitive technology has the potential to revolutionize the way professionals engage and interact with their customers. With actionable insights, we can all make more informed decisions that positively impact our company’s bottom line. However, cognitive is a new concept to some, and the benefits, implications, and value of the technology can be difficult to fully grasp. That’s why we’ve launched Cognitive College.
Officially launched at World of Watson last month, Cognitive College is our way of bringing cognitive expertise and education to the masses. Top influencers from across the Marketing, Commerce, and Supply Chain industries joined IBM subject-matter experts for an interactive workshop discussing key trends and the overall impact that cognitive will have across their professions. After sharing ideas and developing new ways to apply cognitive technologies across industries, attending influencers became certified Adjunct Professors in the Cognitive College. And we’re bringing their expertise to you!
Over the next few months, we’ll be releasing various educational resources and content pieces from influencers and IBM subject-matter experts, highlighting how cognitive will help shape and innovate the marketing, commerce, and supply chain professions. We’re now giving you the opportunity to become a certified cognitive expert – starting today.
Attend the Cognitive College Virtual Holiday Workshop
On November 21, top Futurists and Cognitive College Adjunct Professors will be hosting a virtual Cognitive College Workshop for those interested in becoming cognitive experts. Participants will hear from influencers with decades of experience in the marketing, commerce, and supply chain industries, including Brian Fanzo @iSocialFanz, John Lawson @ColderICE, Stan Phelps @StanPhelpsPG, Shep Hyken @Hyken, Bryan Eisenberg @TheGrok, and Dave Killebrew @DaveKillebrew.
Futurists will discuss how cognitive can be used to help revolutionize the way that we work, and you’ll also hear key points to keep in mind to help marketing, commerce, and supply chain professionals succeed this holiday season.
How to participate:
- Follow @IBMforMarketing and @ibmcommerce on Twitter
- Beginning at 10:00 am Eastern on November 21st, tune into Twitter by following the hashtag #WatsonHoliday. At the top of every hour from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern, an IBM Futurist and Adjunct Professor will present their 5-minute Masters Class on cognitive via Periscope using the #WatsonHoliday hashtag.
- Watch the 5-minute Periscope session and answer the question which will be shared immediately after the presentation from @ibmcommerce.
You’ll earn points for each activity that you participate in during the virtual workshop. Earn 15 points, and you’ll receive an online certificate as part of the Virtual Cognitive College! See below for more details on how to rack up those cognitive college points.
How to earn points and become cognitive certified:
- Earn 5 points by asking one of the Adjunct Professors a question following their Periscope session using #WatsonHoliday
- Earn 5 points by defining a term from the Cognitive Dictionary using #WatsonHoliday
- Earn 5 points by participating in the Cognitive College poll after conclusion of each Periscope session
Note: Participants have until 5:00 pm Eastern to complete all activities in order to gain Cognitive College certification. All activities must contain the use of the #WatsonHoliday hashtag to be credited.
The virtual workshop will be a perfect way to kick off your cognitive college expertise. Be sure to check back as we continue to release content and add lessons to the Cognitive College. Have a great semester and good luck at the workshop!
Cognitive College: Virtual Workshop Agenda