Share this post:
There’s an old entrepreneur’s adage: “The pioneers get the arrows and settlers get the land.” In today’s connected economy we are seeing pioneers get the land and settlers end up paying the rent!
We know that the new connected economy is real and that all businesses are going digital. This shift is changing how people, machines and businesses act, interact and transact. Enterprises are looking to shift from resource control to resource orchestration; internal optimization to external interaction; from “broad-brushing” client value to realizing the “demographic of one” and doing it with agility.
Digital: the new foundation
To differentiate and build unique competitive advantage, we recognize that digital is no longer the destination. It is the foundation for a new era of information technology transforming businesses. At IBM this is called the new cognitive era of computing. If your IT can reason and learn from the oceans of data it ingests, businesses can now outthink the limits of what’s possible.
Cognitive computing refers to systems that can learn at scale, reason with purpose and interact with humans naturally. This requires systems that think, work with us at the speed of thought to deliver insights and accelerate breakthroughs. A good insight can reframe your organization’s point of view, act as an “advisor” to specialists and perhaps even help you monetize data and drive new revenue-generating platforms.
Infrastructure solutions from IBM
Cognition and insight are derived from data—all forms of data—structured and unstructured, machine data, audio and video. More than an estimated 90 percent of this unstructured data is invisible today to computers and to your IT infrastructure. To deliver cognitive analytics, IBM offers a range of infrastructure solutions:
- Industry-leading processor performance for fast execution of algorithms, memory and IO capacity and bandwidth with super-low latencies that can help maximize real-time insight with data in motion and in-transaction analytics.
- Cache architectures to support continuous data load for rapid responses.
- Open innovation to bring in fit-for-purpose HW accelerators and deliver results in a few minutes–especially as price and performance gains challenge Moore’s law.
- Flash-optimized data reduction and efficiency with software-defined storage that can aggressively optimize storage economics as we manage this deluge of data.
- Open-stack based management of hybrid cloud infrastructures for SoE-SoR (systems of engagement-systems of record) integration.
Are you ready to be the IT pioneer and re-imagine your IT infrastructure for this new era of computing and explore limitless possibilities? Watch this video to learn more.