Share this post:
Cloud and cognitive technologies may be driving the future of business, but just as important as implementing them is optimizing the infrastructure that supports them. In 2018, IT professionals can grow their skills in designing, building and delivering IT infrastructure for the cloud and cognitive era by attending IBM Systems Technical University (TechU).
To serve the demand for more skills training and knowledge on cutting-edge technologies, TechU is gearing up for a series of events offered by the technical training branch of IBM Systems Lab Services. TechU events in 2018 will delve into a wide array of topics from application development and high performance computing to cloud, pervasive encryption and optimizing storage solutions. IBM clients, business partners and IT professionals will be able to cultivate the skills needed to develop and implement business solutions for IBM Z, IBM Power Systems, and IBM Storage and Software Defined Infrastructure.
What is IBM Systems TechU?
IBM Systems TechU events are designed to help attendees understand how cloud and cognitive technologies could impact their IT infrastructure, while helping them build the skills they need to implement server and storage solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate future needs.
IBM Systems TechU events include IBM-led breakout sessions, demos and hands-on labs, meetups with IBM experts, and poster sessions focused by industry, research topic or solution.
They give you the opportunity to:
- Sharpen your expertise with hundreds of sessions led by IBM Distinguished Engineers and product experts—the A-team of the IBM Systems community
- Experience the latest technology through demos geared to all skill levels
- Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
- Learn from your peers through networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
Who should attend?
IBM Systems TechU events are designed for IT professionals whose jobs demand a clear understanding of cloud and cognitive. TechU is for the “doers”—those who work to design and implement IT solutions, such as:
- Data center managers
- Technical support managers
- Project managers
- Systems and application programmers
- IT architects
- Hardware planners and capacity planners
- Performance analysts
- IT executives and business managers
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT professionals
When and where are the 2018 events?
IBM Systems TechU events are scheduled throughout the year across geographies.
See the 2018 IBM Systems Technical Universities calendar for a complete listing of TechU events for 2018.
How can I register for the Rome (Italy) event?
IBM Systems TechU Rome runs from October 22-26, 2018. Registration is open now, and the Early Bird Rate will be available for IBM Clients through September 1, 2018.
Visit the registration page today to secure your spot.
I hope to see you there!