October 16, 2015 | Written by: Whitney Magnuson
Categorized: Real-time analytics
Share this post:
Most people think of Vegas as the place to take a chance at the casino, see a theater performance, dine at world-renowned restaurants or look down from the Stratosphere—but it’s also one of the top conference destinations in the United States. Why not do it all?
In a few weeks, the world’s premier analytics conference, IBM Insight 2015, will be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. The event takes place from October 25 to 29 and will give industry leaders the chance to explore the latest trends in analytics, cloud, mobile, the Internet of Things and Watson. Insight 2015 will feature sessions that span from big-picture business and industry solutions to technical deep dives, and everything in between.
Embracing digital transformation
We are living in a waitless world. Oceans of data are flooding the modern business, and driving real-time insights and decisions from that data requires fast, capable analytics services.
To deliver analytics as a service, you need an infrastructure that can provide actionable insights in mere milliseconds. Infrastructure that is designed for this kind of rapid data analytics spans three key areas:
• Acquisition: Learn how to capture the right amount and variety of data for your business.
• Placement: Understand where to locate data and analytics applications for optimal performance.
• Compute: Use servers and flash storage designed for data to accelerate analysis.
Data analytics is a pillar of successful digital transformation in the era of hybrid cloud, and this year’s Insight conference will be a great opportunity to learn how you can support it in your organization.
Becoming a leader in the insight economy
The Insight 2015 theme, “Lead in the Insight Economy,” is all about helping companies to gain a competitive advantage in an economy fueled by data and analytics. Each day of the conference will help businesses learn how to drive growth by taking full advantage of their data.
• Day 1: Transform your industry. The first full day of the conference will focus on how to push boundaries by seizing insight from data to help you find new revenue opportunities, innovate faster and solve key problems in your industry.
• Day 2: Empower yourself. Day 2 will emphasize how you can build a business culture on data science that will enable you to act faster, ask more questions and think creatively about solutions for growth.
• Day 3: Disrupt your marketplace. On day 3, sessions will focus on how to make a mark in your industry by being an agent of chance—reinventing your business to offer new services and reach new audiences.
In sum, the conference sessions at Insight 2015 will empower companies to thrive in the age of big data by building an insight-driven culture that spans the business and IT.
Plus an EXPO floor and special events
The Solution EXPO at Insight 2015 will give attendees an opportunity to engage, network and collaborate to form new partnerships and grow existing ones. Over 90 percent of attendees visited the Solution EXPO at Insight 2014, giving exhibitors, business partners and sponsors a chance to connect with the majority of the 14,000+ attendees last year.
And don’t worry—there will be plenty of opportunities for fun too. This year’s event will feature several special events, including a women’s networking panel and reception; a volunteer opportunity to package meals for hungry kids with the global humanitarian aid organization Stop Hunger Now (including a team competition!); and, on the last night, a concert by the three-time GRAMMY Award winning rock band Maroon 5.
Are you planning to attend IBM Insight 2015? Register today and stay tuned for next week’s post on recommended sessions to attend.