The data storage elite are about to be recognized
February 2018 will be a big month for those at the top of their game. With the 2018 Winter Olympics set to take place February 9 -25 in Pyeong Chang, South Korea, the world’s elite athletes will compete for a record 102 medals in 15 disciplines, including headline sports such as skiing, bobsledding, figure skating and ice hockey – to name a few.
But February isn’t only about the Olympics when it comes to awards. The data storage industry will also recognize the products that turned heads in 2017. Just like the Olympics, in February 2018 the best in data management and storage will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals by Storage Magazine and searchstorage.com (the world’s largest source of information on storage technology and storage solutions) in its 16th annual Products of the Year competition.
The judges have been hard at work narrowing down the list of over 100 nominations to 47 finalists across 5 storage categories. The list of finalists, include 4 storage products from IBM, representing more finalists than any other storage vendor. The IBM finalists include:
- IBM All-Flash Elastic Storage Server in the Enterprise Storage Arrays category
- IBM Spectrum Protect for Data Backup and Recovery Software
- IBM Spectrum Scale in the Software-defined Storage category
- IBM All-Flash DS8880F also in the Enterprise Storage Arrays category
This list of finalists adds to an already impressive list of awards for IBM Storage in 2017. In just the 2nd half of 2017:
- IBM DS8884F was named to CRN’s Top 10 List of Coolest Flash Storage and SSD products
- IBM Spectrum Scale was named Best HPC Storage Product or Technology in the HPCWire Readers Choice Awards
- Computer Reseller News (CRN) named the All-flash IBM DS8886F as a finalist in the storage category of the 2017 Tech Innovator Awards
- IBM Spectrum LSF Suites was named Best HPC Cluster Solution or Technology and IBM was named one of the Top 5 Vendors to Watch in the HPC Wire Editors Choice awards
- IBM Spectrum Protect Plus, a new offering from IBM, was named a Hot Product at VMWorld 2017 by Network World Magazine
- The IBM Storage and Software Defined Infrastructure division was named the winner of the Partnership award in the Enterprise Network Storage sub-category of the 2017 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC) Survey
- IBM Spectrum Scale and IBM Storwize were recognized as Best HPC Collaboration in Academia, Government and Industry as well as Best Use of HPC in Life Sciences in the HPCWire Readers Choice Awards
This industry recognition was in addition to the several instances of IBM storage being named LEADERS in 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrants.
While many of us will be glued to our televisions in February, watching countless hours of Olympic coverage to see who will take to the podium, you can see all of the recognition across the IBM Storage and SDI portfolio in this short 90-second video. And be sure to be on the lookout for the winners, who will be announced by Storage Magazine and searchstorage.com in February.