- Software: IBM opens ‘social software’ development center
Longtime tech mainstay IBM has announced the creation of a Cambridge, Mass.-based research center for the development of “social software,” from consumer Web apps to enterprise communication tools. (cnet news)
- Nanotechnology: IBM to Work With Taiwan Researcher on Racetrack Memory, Cell
A joint development team led by Stuart Parkin of IBM and the vice president of Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Ian Chan, will study new materials and structures that can be used to further develop the memory chips. (IDG)
- Systems Journal: SOA: From Modeling to Implementation
This issue contains eight papers on the challenges and insights related to modeling, testing, and governance which have emerged from SOA engagements in a variety of industries.
- Software: LinuxWorld 2008 keynote: Linux, Open Source, and IBM
Bob Sutor connects the past, present and future in this keynote address at LinuxWorld 2008 (video).
- Supercomputing: In failure, there is success
STRETCH, the “almost” supercomputer, celebrates 50th anniversary at Mountain View, California Computer History Museum.
- Patents: Program turns to online masses to improve patents
Technology industry explores tapping the power of the Net to improve patent system (AP).