October 16, 2017 | Written by: Karsten Stokking
Categorized: Event | Watson
On October 8-11 2017 ShopTalk Europe was held in Copenhagen with a focus on the drivers of change in the retail industry. More than 225+ speakers and 2000 individuals were there to talk about how consumers discover, shop and buy in this digital era. It was rich on content with both retails, vendors and experts sharing new ideas and experiences. There are multiple insights and examples, however in short I capture these four important trends:
- AI is not in the future – it is here and it is a must to look at it
- The customer is in the center – this is not just something to say. You have to live it
- It is not about omni-channel or multi-channel – You have to think ALL channels
- It is not offline vs online – it is both
The digital possibilities are changing the retail landscape and the expectations of the consumers – retailers have to seize the opportunities.
IBM Watson Customer Engagement at Shoptalk Europe 2017
IBM was also present at Shoptalk. Richard Hearn, General Manager & Chief Revenue Officer for IBM Watson Customer Engagement, was part of the speaker team in the Future of AI in Retail. We also had a booth with focus on how Watson can help the marketing, commerce and supply chain professionals in retail with a focus on the Watson Customer Engagement Platform. During the 2½ days we managed to discuss with 100s of clients and partners about the challenges they meet, and how cognitive technology can help their retail business.
The booth focused on below selected offerings from IBM Watson Customer Engagement:
- Dynamic Pricing: Reveal Pricing Opportunities – See through marketplace forces to make intelligent price decisions in real-time
- Watson Commerce Insights: Predict Customer Behavior – Know what your customers want before they do
- Watson CXA: Unleash the Power of Data – Harness customer insights to reimagine every touchpoint
- Store Engagement: Personalize the Store Experience – Sense where the customer’s been and where they’re going
- Watson Content Hub: Content Where You Need It – Instantly zap content where it’s needed most with intelligent, cognitive tagging
- Inventory Visibility: Sense Inventory in Real Time – Sense every element of the global supply chain at all times
IBM Watson Customer Engagement Explained
Watson Customer Engagement is a platform for business backed by cognitive technology. Practitioners in marketing, commerce and supply chain need to do their best work to drive results. With Watson’s unique capabilities in delivering insights for data, the platform will enable the professionals to respond to opportunities and deliver personalized and proactive customer experiences at scale.
Learn more about the different Customer Engagement offerings below.
Did you miss a conversation with us we can still deliver. You can order a conversation any time through me at STOKKING@dk.ibm.com.