May 30, 2018 | Written by: Anders Quitzau and
Categorized: AI | Blockchain | Innovation | Technology
Share this post:
INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY FOR GOOD
The issue: Natural disaster preparedness and relief.
How will you answer the call?
The Call for Code Global Initiative is the largest and most ambitious effort to bring startup, academic, and enterprise developers together and inspiring them to solve one of the most pressing societal issues of our time: Preventing, responding to, and recovering from the chaos caused by natural disasters.
Call for Code invites developers to create new applications aimed at reducing vulnerability by mitigating disaster risk over the long run, forecasting impending threats to improve precautionary measures in the short term, responding to medical needs during the disaster, and improving the overall resiliency of communities to rebuild health services in the wake of major disruptions.
To help build a better future, the company is committing IBM technology and $30 million USD over five years, with the goal of uniting the world’s developers to tap into data and AI, blockchain, cloud and IoT technologies to address this challenge. IBM’s investment will help the best solutions to be implemented in communities in need.
The United Nations and Red Cross play vital roles in this initiative
The United Nations Human Rights Office and the international network of the American Red Cross will help oversee the deployment of winning solutions alongside IBM’s Corporate Service Corps. In addition, there will be a USD 200.000 prize to the winning team and we will help in developing the prototype and pitch it to our vast network of venture capitalists.
Who and how can YOU participate in Call for Code?
All developers, designers and entrepreneurs who are over the age of 18 can participate.
- Developers can register today here as individuals and submit an application later as part of a team of up to five members.
- Projects can be entered between June 18, 2018 and August 31, 2018.
- Thirty semi-finalists will be selected in September. A prominent jury including some of the most iconic technologists in the world will choose the winning solution from three finalists.
- The winner will be announced in October 2018 during a live-streamed, all-star benefit concert coordinated by the David Clark Cause.
- Call for Code participants will use IBM Cloud, Watson, Blockchain and IoT technologies, along with open source IBM Code Patterns – curated reusable packages of documentation, architecture diagrams, process flows, and access to underlying code on GitHub – to innovate and build their submissions.
Click here for more information and register your participation.
Contact Anders Quitzau – email@example.com if you have other questions.