A partnership for growth and innovation: IBM Informix and HCL
Building on a history of collaboration, in April 2017, IBM and HCL entered into a 15-year partnership that merged the best of their shared knowledge and teaming experience to accelerate the product roadmap and innovation of IBM Informix.
- HCL is responsible for development and support of the IBM Informix product family with the guidance and direction of IBM and the IBM Informix customer base.
- IBM continues to be responsible for Sales, Tech Sales, Marketing, and Lab Services. There are no changes to client relationships and processes, such as sales relationships, quotes, invoicing, and payments.
- IBM remains the first call for Support for IBM S&S customers. There are no changes to how clients report issues/problems (PMRs/APARs). All IBM Informix products will continue to be supported according to IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policies. Please see the IBM Support Guide for further details: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/getsupport.html
- Product download mechanisms such as Passport Advantage, FixCentral, and Trial & Downloads are unchanged and will remain so. IBM Informix product documentation remains unchanged and will contine to be updated on the IBM website.
- IBM continues to own the Intellectual Property (IP) associated with the IBM Informix product family. IBM did not divest IBM Informix to HCL.
HCL is a business enterprise with a presence in the fields of technology and healthcare. Founded in 1976 as one of India’s original IT garage startups, the HCL enterprise currently comprises three companies in India – HCL Technologies, HCL Infosystems, and HCL Healthcare. Collectively, the enterprise’s annual revenues are more than USD 1 billion and it employs over 149,000 professionals from diverse nationalities operating across 45 countries.
Building upon a history of collaboration and innovation, we are excited about the opportunity to jointly address our clients’ needs and accelerate innovation in IBM Informix.