July 12, 2017 | Written by: Rahul Desai
Categorized: Asset Management
Share this post:
With 10 billion mobile devices forecast to be in use by 2020, the proliferation of mobile technology is fundamentally changing the way people think, work, act and interact.
Mobile applications, or “apps,” enable people to be more productive from virtually anywhere. In fact, 92 percent of organizations believe not only that adopting mobile apps will give them a competitive edge, but also that the failure to adopt such apps will put them at a competitive disadvantage.
Although mobile apps are driving massive changes in a wide range of industries, organizations are struggling with whether to build or buy their apps (or both). Developing custom mobile apps for multiple platforms can be costly and complex. On the other hand, managing and maintaining apps from multiple third-party vendors can be an IT nightmare. And regardless of their source, users need to be able to complete tasks simply and securely, even while disconnected or on their own employee-owned devices.
Please register for the upcoming webcast entitled, Mobilize Your Workforce with Maximo Anywhere.
IBM Maximo Anywhere delivers instant mobile access to work, asset and inventory data with integrated capabilities from the full range of IBM asset and facility management solutions, and enables mobile workers to leverage device-specific features, helping to improve productivity in the field.
Mobile access to asset data from anywhere
IBM® Maximo® Anywhere gives you remote access from most mobile devices to Maximo Asset Management processes – work asset and inventory management. It is built on the IBM MobileFirst Foundation® platform with an interface that is configurable and customizable.
The solultion enables your mobile workforce to get instant access to critical data, even while disconnected. Using Maximo Anywhere, you can work with a broad range of instrumented machines and smart devices, complete tasks virtually anywhere with secure, trusted transactions, and reduce data entry errors and miscommunications by allowing users to simply do their work – even while disconnected.
- Deliver instant mobile access to work, asset and inventory related data with integrated capabilities from all of our asset and facility management solutions;
- Leverage device-specific capabilities — and improve productivity in the field — with next-generation mobile tools;
- Reduce data entry errors and miscommunications by enabling users to simply do their work — even while disconnected;
- Tailor the user interface to meet organizational requirements and create custom applications;
- Help ensure regulatory compliance and improve efficiency with the capture of critical data at the point of execution;
- Take advantage of Advanced Map capabilities to increase efficiency of the field technicians;
- Reduce total cost of ownership by administering your Mobility solution from Maximo Administration apps.
For Asset-Intensive organizations, mobility continues to drive significant productivity gains, improve worker effectiveness and safety, and eliminate errors by capturing data directly from the work source.
The IBM Maximo Anywhere solution provides a single-vendor mobile solution for both connected and offline scenarios, with role-based hybrid mobile Apps that work across iOS, Android and Windows Tablet and help perform work, asset, inventory and industry-specific process using smartphones, tablets, and ‘ruggedized’ mobile devices.
To learn more, register and attend the upcoming webcast entitled, Mobilize Your Workforce with Maximo Anywhere. The webcast will be broadcast on Friday, July 21, 2017 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00).