4 reasons you’ll love the new IBM Maximo Developer Center
Attention all Maximo Asset Management developers and business partners
How do you make a world-leading EAM solution even better? Pump up the ecosystem’s volume, that’s how. IBM is on a mission to engage, inspire, educate and support the IBM® Maximo® app developer community. We’ve been busy talking to partners, clients and IBM technical staff. To make this happen, our partners have risen to the challenge—testing apps, providing input, looking at the code, exploring the APIs, looking behind the curtains. And now it’s here, ready for you to explore. If you are looking for accurate content, timely knowledge, tools and resources to build great asset management apps – faster, then look no further. Visit the new IBM Maximo Developer Center.
Designed by developers, for developers—with all the right ingredients in one place
“If you want to develop applications, add-ons, and solutions faster, you’re going to love the new IBM Maximo Developer Center. Designed by developers, for developers – it has all the right ingredients in one place.” – Fernando Cartagena, Principal Consultant, Ontracks Consulting
Here are four reasons to love the new IBM Maximo Developer Center:
1. Accurate content and timely knowledge
A healthy developer ecosystem is essential to the success of any platform—and enterprise asset management is no different. Developers rely on software platforms to deliver high-quality software. Education, accurate content, effective support, market relevance and differentiation are critical to the success of any provider’s ecosystem. Technically accurate and up-to-date content are two of the most essential elements in a developer ecosystem.
Developers are screaming for accurate and up-to-date content. Finding the right resources is half the battle when it comes to developing apps. IBM Maximo has a long history of strong user groups, a huge user base and an engaged ecosystem. Collaboration and sharing best practices is second-nature to the Maximo user base. Having a developer feedback loop in place is the next step to keeping Maximo content vibrant.
2. A developmental advantage
IBM Maximo is an extremely customizable application. Essentially, anyone with administrative access can create unique functionality using the Maximo front-end tools. The same is true for a developer. Having access to the configurable capabilities within Maximo means the developer doesn’t have to code everything from scratch or write low-level code. The fully configurable design allows both administrators and developers to adapt the application to suit their industry and organization type—an advantage that helps keep Maximo a leader in the enterprise asset management space.
Once the Maximo basics are acquired, it’s easy to develop applications that extend or enhance the application further. For example, with basic programming experience, an understanding of Maximo Business Objects (MBOs), knowledge about how to extend core Maximo functionality from existing MBOs and familiarity with Maximo APIs, you can be on your way to creating a simple application. However, the APIs and MBOs you choose will be dependent on your solution’s end requirements. Understanding what your clients need is essential to narrowing the aperture of what you need to create the solution.
3. Tools and resources to build better apps, faster
To speed time to market and reduce development and deployment expenses, developers need access to education, how-to guides, examples, and subject matter experts. Finding the right resources is half the battle when trying to develop and deploy solutions.
The IBM Maximo Developer Center brings code samples, tutorials, developer community, blogs and discussion groups together to create a vibrant community designed to help developers find information fast and put it into productive use.
Resources to help you accelerate the creation of new applications, add-ons and solutions:
- Tools, SDKs, APIs, code samples and sample apps to accelerate the creation of apps, add-ons and solutions integrating with Maximo Asset Management;
- Scripting, configuration, packaging and deployment tools and guides to speed deployment of apps and add-ons for Maximo Asset Management;
- Find patterns and proofs-of-concept to build apps faster; search, explore and try SDKs; find up-to-date documentation; discover practical examples and tutorials.
4. Curated technical content to build better solutions, faster
We want to help you build new apps faster, as well as search and explore the APIs easily. In the new IBM Maximo Developer Center & Community you’ll find the up-to-date documentation you need in one place, and discover practical examples and tutorials.
The new IBM Maximo Developer Center & Community is a digital community where you can connect, create, collaborate, explore, learn and, most importantly, build GREAT apps. Here are just a few things you can try today:
- Turn the already configurable Maximo solution into a powerful development platform. Explore the Maximo APIs, SDKs, sample apps and tools. Join conversations—connect with other developers, ask questions and find answers.
- Interested in building a native-Android app? Try the new Android sample app to leverage the Java SDK and integrate with Maximo—the new Android application sample will show you how to create a native Android application using Maximo APIs to perform work order operations.
- If you are familiar with Google Polymer and want to get started with the new release, this sample application is for you. The Polymer sample app shows how a web app built with Google Polymer can use Maximo APIs to perform work order operations.
- Take advantage of Maximo APIs—show the create, read, update and delete (CRUD) actions for a work order. The server.js file contains all of the CRUD routes that are individually broken out into their own .js docs. The Node.js sample app shows how to call Maximo APIs from Node.js.
- We’ve gotten feedback from software developers who said that it would be helpful to have a reference guide that novice and expert developers alike can reference when it comes to using the utilities. In response, we’re highlighting the different utilities, explaining what they do, providing examples of usage and giving you sample code to show you the differences.
- And much more!
Your mission: go forth and build GREAT apps
A vibrant community will inspire developers to create new and innovative solutions and enable them with the right information and tools to get the job done. The consolidated developer community with information, tutorials, tools, API examples, and forums is designed to help partners and developers speed time to market and deliver faster for Maximo Asset Management customers.
Get started today. Explore the new the IBM Maximo Developer Center today.
A shout out to…
A special shout out to the IBM Maximo business partners – Ontracks Consulting, A3J Group, Total Resource Management (TRM), Cohesive Solutions, EDI, Aquitas Solutions and Projetech. We couldn’t have gotten here without you! You talked, tested, reviewed, shared – gave us your input and feedback. Thank you – IBM Maximo—the world’s leading enterprise asset management solution, just got better. So cool.
Test drive the new IBM Maximo Developer Center.