IBM again named a Leader in Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for EAM Software
We continue our unwavering commitment to our clients
By Brendan Crotty | 7 minute read | November 7, 2019
IBM has been named a Leader in Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant (MQ) for Enterprise Asset Management Software (EAM). This most recent assessment of IBM Maximo® reflects over a decade of IBM being named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Asset Management Software. We believe this achievement is the result of our deep commitment to our clients, our continuous investment in product enhancements, and our unceasing efforts to provide a complete, thoughtful vision to the market:
- A scalable platform: We continue to create value with each release, indicated by the high proportion of clients on Maximo 7.6.1.
- Achievement of high customer satisfaction: We offer a solution that satisfies enterprise requirements for managing asset-intensive operations.
- A broad range of industry and subsector functionality: Leading companies and users in oil and gas, manufacturing, and utilities rely on IBM Maximo.
- Best-of-breed ecosystem of partners: Building on our extensive solution platform, we provide extensions that satisfy any specific need in the asset management lifecycle.
- Manage enterprise assets: Only IBM possesses market-leading, fully integrated solutions—spanning EAM to APM—that uses advanced analytic tools and IoT data to improve operational availability and reduce risk.
- Universality: Suitable to any organization’s size, whether looking for maintenance management, or stretching the boundaries towards Asset Performance Management (APM). This includes multiple deployment (and contracting) options, like our new IBM Public SaaS edition.
- Continued investment: We invest in innovation so clients can achieve actionable investments in AI and IoT, including new areas for EAM that use AI to support field technicians of the future with our Equipment Maintenance Assistant.
- Commitment to our community: Thousands of users participate in the Maximo User Groups and the peer community.
IBM is once again in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner’s MQ for EAM Software. Read the full report.
IBM remains committed to our clients’ success
Our goal is to provide our clients with the essential insights they need for intelligent asset maintenance and operations.
We believe that Maximo’s success is the result of the collaborative efforts of the IBM Maximo team and our clients. This combination is driven by its desire for innovation, and powered by continuous investment and a willingness to push the boundaries to lead transformation within a diverse industry base. I believe that all of you who worked with us to improve Maximo have contributed to this year’s Gartner recognition. You’re the ones who made it possible. I thank you and I hope you share in our pride.
Industry leaders choose Maximo because it’s a leading EAM solution
Maximo has been a market leader for over three decades, chosen by our clients for its broad capability set, extensive flexibility, configuration capabilities, industry solutions and extensive ecosystem, particularly in asset-intensive industries.
The solution adapts to fit any organization’s needs, and become the foundation for their process and operational improvements. A robust developer strategy with a wealth of resources ensures that Maximo truly solves our clients’ specific problems, now and in the future. With its broad range of industry and subsector functionality, leading companies in oil and gas, manufacturing, and utilities choose Maximo.
Right now, the solution is used by thousands of small and large clients in 99 countries on all seven continents, across dozens of industry subsectors. Many of these deployments are with growing companies that depend upon the solution’s scalability to help them manage their expansion.Whether clients are looking for straightforward maintenance management, or they’re driving a vision for asset performance management (APM), they know we’ll continue to drive a broad solution platform for all their needs.
IBM invests in the future of our clients
I believe that an organization remains in the Gartner Leaders Quadrant only through constant improvement, consistent performance, and continuous investment.
Our investment in Maximo is an investment in your future, and IBM works closely with clients to ensure that our vision aligns with their industry’s future needs and that we translate it into action. In 2018 alone, IBM Corporation spent USD 5.38 billion on research and development, with emphasis on improving the user experience through investments in usability, integration, installation, and business intelligence. We continue to infuse Maximo with these investments to ensure it provides superior performance and value to its current and future installation base.
Recognition is the reward for relentless improvement
I believe that the conclusions by Gartner reflect our relentless drive to deliver value to our clients through capability enhancements, providing better experiences and offers that make trying and buying Maximo much easier. Recent improvements have included:
- Improved public SaaS offerings, including a public SaaS edition which offers a free trial, digital on-boarding and capabilities to support small and large customers
- Enhanced scheduling features to meet the requirements of customers across multiple industries (managing large projects, dynamic dispatching, and complex project optimization)
- Simplified and updated mobile solutions built as the foundation to deliver innovative new capabilities that will assist technicians to perform their work with increased efficiency
- Introduced a flexible token-based licensing model, providing customers a risk-free way to try new products, and more easily expand the use of Maximo
- Delivered new asset performance management (APM) solutions that expand on Maximo EAM, helping our customers on the journey from reactive to predictive maintenance procedures (Monitor, Health, and Predict).
These visionary additions enhance the product capabilities and bring IoT and AI technology more into play to help operations leaders detect performance issues, analyze anomalies, and predict their impact before they become a problem.
IBM clients collaborate to make Maximo even better. And that makes them better, too.
To ensure our users continue to adopt the newest releases and get the most value out of the IBM Maximo platform, the IBM Maximo team encourages a two-way dialog about the solution’s future. Throughout the year, we invite our clients to participate in multiple live and virtual opportunities that showcase the IBM Maximo product roadmap. Additionally, thousands of members in the industry and geographic IBM Maximo User Groups participate in the new IBM IoT community. Through these and other venues, our investment strategy is transparent. What’s more, we continually validate it with the clients who depend so much upon our software. This feedback helps us maintain our leadership and creates a virtuous cycle of value that has sustained and grown the Maximo community for over 30 years.
Customer references give high ratings to IBM for the usefulness of our user groups and for our active and helpful peer community.
Intelligence is your greatest asset. We invite you to learn more.
IBM continues to invest heavily in current and future opportunities that help our clients put innovation to work in their organizations. Among our investments in the future is the Maximo Academy within IBM IoT Exchange, an annual event that attracts asset maintenance and operations professionals from around the world. IBM IoT Exchange will occur March 17-18, 2020 at the Hilton Orlando in Florida.
With its inspirational keynotes and informative sessions, labs, and demonstrations, IoT Exchange is a popular industry event. It’s also a terrific opportunity to exchange ideas with IoT leaders, practitioners, and subject matter experts. This year’s Maximo Academy will feature a wide range of topics to help you make the most out of your Maximo installation. You’ll learn how to apply new Maximo capabilities, IoT data, and AI to gather greater insights into asset performance.
I invite you to submit a speaking abstract or join us at IoT Exchange. Register now for the Maximo Academy. You’ll receive invitations to provide input into the Maximo solutions you use, and to network with others who have encountered – and solved – the challenges you face today.
Read the report
Check out the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant to get more details of why IBM Maximo has been named an MQ Leader.
And, if you’re ready to learn more about what the market-leading Maximo asset management solution can do for your organization, read about IBM Maximo online or contact your sales rep today.
*This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Asset Management Software , Kristian Steenstrup | Nicole Foust ,
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.