The Internet of Things at IBM World of Watson
2016 has been a fast-moving year in the Internet of Things space. We have seen major announcements from all the major IoT players, fascinating implementations, and the development of emerging IoT technologies like cognitive computing.
It’s been a big year for IBM Watson IoT as we have made great strides rolling out new capabilities to catapult our clients and partners to the forefront of the Internet of Things. Here’s a look at just a few of the announcements we’ve made in the last few months:
- IBM Invests to Lead Global Internet of Things Market – Shows Accelerated Client Adoption
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Plans Cognitive Hospital Rooms powered by IBM Watson Internet of Things
- Aerialtronics Commercial Drones Give IBM Watson Internet of Things a Bird’s Eye View
- Schaeffler and IBM Sign Watson IoT Partnership for New Industrial Era
- AT&T and IBM Team to Bring Enhanced Internet of Things Capabilities to Developers on IBM Cloud
- ISS Turns to IBM Watson IoT to Transform Management of 25,000 Buildings Worldwide .
These undertakings are bolstering our Internet of Things portfolio in ways that will change how enterprises operate. The year ahead looks to hold even more exciting transformations in the Internet of Things space, as we see technologies such as cognitive computing, APIs and blockchain further transform what is possible.
Industry leaders will gather by the thousands at IBM World of Watson, October 23–27, to discuss the way forward. We’re excited to have a strong lineup of IoT sessions at the conference that include keynotes, demos and workshops. We’re also eager to have many of the top minds in IBM, along with clients and IBM Business Partners, leading sessions aimed at helping you implement Internet of Things solutions and start gaining immediate value from them.
I’ll be joined on stage on Wednesday from 9-9:45 by some of our leading clients to discuss The Genius of Things: Everyday Objects, Exceptional Outcomes, a look at how Watson IoT clients are implementing IoT solutions for exceptional outcomes. I hope to see you there and at some of the many other IoT sessions taking place during World of Watson.
Below are some highlights demonstrating the value of the event for those of you not already planning to attend. They also showcase the can’t-miss activities for those of you who are joining us and working with or interested in the Internet of Things.
I look forward to seeing you there and feel free to connect with me on Twitter if you’re at the show.