March 20, 2017 | Written by: Jen Clark
Categorized: Case Study
Share this post:
Slava Rubin, Founder and Chief Business Officer, Indiegogo talks start-ups and the democratising power of the Internet at InterConnect 2017. Indiegogo is a launchpad for entrepreneurial ideas and platform where start-ups and new businesses can raise funds, start a campaign, organize marketing and promotion and use analytics to see how their campaigns are performing.
Slava explains that crowdfunding of this sort has seen an explosion of activity – from products, security and activity trackers. Now, he says, Indiegogo is moving beyond funding. The company operates more as a springboard for entrepreneurs – who come initially to Indiegogo for validation and engagement funding, before they can actually make something.
Slava Rubin, Founder and Chief Business Officer, Indiegogo
Indiegogo’s vital statistics
Since its inception in 2007, Indiegogo has seen:
- Over $1.1 billon raised
- More than 8 million backers
- 5 million contributions
- 233 countries
- More than 720,000 campaigns launched
Thirty percent of the funds raised are for technology startups. Watch the video to see Indiegogo in action at CES 2017.
Indiegogo, IBM and Arrow
An exciting new partnership between IBM and Indiegogo means that members of Indiegogo can now use IBM products for free. It’s all about the power of collaboration – something that IBM believes in implicitly. Three products are an example of the success such a collaboration can bring:
- SmartPlate: the world’s first intelligent nutrition platform that identifies the nutritional content and calorie count of a meal, using advanced image recognition and weight sensors. The tool is designed to help people become more aware of their eating habits and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- WaterBot: a connected product designed to monitor water contamination.
- Q.bo: a robotic platform that enables anyone to engage interactively using robotics.
‘Entrepreneurs have the opportunity to change the world’, Slava finishes. ‘Together, Indiegogo, Arrow and IBM are looking to make entrepreneurs work smarter and faster.’
Keep an eye on the blog for the latest news from InterConnect 2017. Interested in working with us? Learn more about our cognitive solutions by visiting the IoT website, or speak to a representative to find out how we can help you take the next step in bringing the IoT to your business.