December 16, 2015 | Written by: Sheila McGovern
Categorized: Human Capital Management
Share this post:
Implementing a cloud-based HR- technology is no longer just a futuristic idea—it’s an essential component of remaining agile and competitive in the marketplace. For different organizations, any one or a combination of the following occurrences may be the catalyst for moving your HCM technology to a cutting-edge, cloud solution:
- Your workforce is becoming increasingly global and multi-generational and your employees expect anytime, anywhere access to HR services. Millennials will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
- Consolidating your workforce data to draw meaningful insights and analyze performance is difficult for your managers, business leaders and human resources personnel.
- Your IT costs remain consistently high for application upgrades, application support, and maintenance.
- You run into major challenges, disruptions and/or delays expanding your applications to new markets and geographies and/or integrating business entities during mergers and acquisitions
If you have implemented SAP HCM on premise and are still depreciating the investment, the idea of moving to the cloud now seems daunting; however, the benefits are worth strong consideration. With IBM’s Transition-to-Cloud offering, we can enable you to leverage your SAP on premise investment while capitalizing on new cloud capabilities and technologies—with SAP SuccessFactors!
Transitioning HCM to the cloud with IBM will help your organization unlock many other capabilities:
- On demand access to data and services from mobile devices or workstations
- Flexibility with one global system of record and data housed in a central location
- Reduction in costs—specifically, operating expenses and system upgrade costs
- Increase in manager and employee user adoption of self service
- Ability to adapt quickly to emerging opportunities and remain nimble in the marketplace
To achieve great organizational results, start by empowering your workforce for success. If you want to learn more about the trends and opportunities relating to “Taking your HR technology transformation to the cloud,” I encourage you to access the SuccessFactors synergy kit here.
If you are ready to explore the possibilities of cloud technology, our Transition-to-Cloud offering will help you make the most out of your on premise investment while empowering your employees and minimizing the risks to your operations.
At its core, this offering incorporates SuccessFactors Employee Central and retains critical HR processes and infrastructure in SAP HCM.
Employee Central becomes the system of record for employee data management processes. This allows for all of the cloud functionality, workflow, and quarterly cloud updates of a full cloud implementation. SAP HCM remains the solution for payroll, time management and/or benefits administration. Our practice is ready and eager to work with you on your transition to cloud. Our experience implementing over 250 successful SuccessFactors projects across various industries and geographies and our experience implementing one of the first side-by-side (Employee Central/SAP HCM) solutions, we are confident in our ability to assist you with your transition to cloud.
The benefits are endless—enhanced user experience, reduced costs, one global system of record in the cloud, complete workforce data, risk reduction through continuity of SAP HCM functions, ability to incorporate cloud technology at your own pace, powerful analytical insights, social collaboration, seamless integration, continuous innovation—and within reach.
Do you want to learn more about working with IBM as your Transition-to-Cloud solution provider?
E-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jonathan Siefkes (email@example.com) and check in for my next blog—in January—about the library of tools and accelerators that we use to deliver cost effective solutions, which reduce risk, provide value, and are tailored to meet your objectives.