September 28, 2017 | Written by: John Nellist
Categorized: Thought Leadership
With less than a month before the start of Oracle OpenWorld 2017 — #OOW17 —, I want to share with you the top five reasons to check out #IBMandOracle at IBM’s booth number 1107.
1. Challenge Pepper the Robot. IBM booth 1107 will be the exclusive home of Pepper the Robot. Take a private Booth Tour (available upon request) and challenge Pepper, the IBM Cognitive Concierge, to a game of 20 questions. Pepper uses IBM Watson® technology to answer questions using language recognition APIs like Alchemy Language, Conversation, Language Translator, Natural Language Understanding, Personality Insights, Tone Analyzer and more.
2. Attend an IBM Ted Talk. IBM booth number 1107 includes a mini theater layout where IBM Solution Leaders will share 15 to 20 minute IBM “Ted Talks” on a range of topics and ideas worth spreading. The IBM mini theater sessions will be interactive and are the perfect opportunity to learn something new to bring back to your organization.
3. Test Watson for yourself. Stop by IBM Booth 1107 at Moscone South and try out our “Cognitive Popcorn Bar.” The IBM Jeopardy-master, Watson®, will use your Twitter handle to analyze your preferences and answer the question “Which type of snack preferences do you have?” Once Watson properly answers that question, you will be gifted with gourmet popcorn goody bags.
4. Win Prizes. IBM Booth number 1107 at Moscone South is raffling off a number of prizes every day of #OOW17. Make sure you come by the booth to find out how you can win Apple watches, Apple iPad Minis, Virtual Reality devices and other cool prizes.
5. Meet our IBM Experts at various surround events throughout the week in San Francisco. IBM hosts several major events after normal conference hours as a way to say “thank you” to our clients. Make sure you are signed up (contact your IBM rep to get on the list) for our biggest party of the conference — Monday night SPiN San Francisco — a ping pong social club. I heard there may even be some pros attending…can’t wait to see you there!
Be sure to keep up with IBM by following @IBMandOracle on Twitter.
For more information about IBM’s presence at Oracle OpenWorld and a full listing of our speaking sessions, please check out our main #OOW17 event webpage.
To learn more about the solutions that help you succeed at each stage, visit the IBM Oracle website.