January 9, 2017 | Written by: Sarosh Khan
Categorized: Thought Leadership
Accelerate your journey to Oracle Cloud transformation with IBM’s solution for Field Service Operations, using Oracle Procurement Cloud integrated with JD Edwards ERP. The solution is designed for companies with field procurement spend across a number of business units (BUs), suppliers, and products necessary to ‘maintain’ and ‘service’ field assets and install base. Companies struggle to have common processes for supplier management, sourcing, contract management, requisitioning, procurement, delegation of authority (DOA), receiving, invoicing, and supplier payment. We think the transformation to a more efficient process can be achieved by re-inventing operations and modernizing the platform. Additionally, the journey map can be executed using IBM’s agile approach to deploy and solve business issues in smaller well defined increments. This solution serves as an easy entry into your Journey to Oracle Digital Transformation. It helps enable self service requisitioning, procurement, and sourcing capabilities in the cloud as part of the journey. Once the connection is established, additional ERP capabilities can be migrated to the cloud based on business priority and value.
Typical Business Challenges
– Lack of governance and controls for procuring equipment, service parts, or other items for field service work, maintenance, and operations
– Manual processes to order equipment, parts, and services
– No pre-defined contracts, pricing, suppliers, or catalogs resulting in non-standard buying at a higher cost
Ask yourself the following questions
– Can my field personnel have an efficient process to identify and procure service and spare parts to complete their job efficiently with less cost, on time and higher customer satisfaction?
– Do I have integrated financial controls for requisition, procurement, invoice, and payment functions?
– Do the field users work on multiple disconnected systems and use inefficient manual processes to get their work done, resulting in asset downtimes and customer satisfaction issues?
– Do I have visibility to my procurement spend in the field?
The IBM solution would help
- Deliver an end-to-end integrated solution for Oracle Cloud Procurement (Self Service Requisitioning, Supplier Portal) with JD Edwards
- Enable the field to procure the right items on time, from the approved suppliers, and at the right cost (with increased efficiency).
- Improve overall financial controls between both field requisitioning and back end ERP procurement, and invoicing and payment functions
- Provide end to end visibility and enhanced analytics
- Protect your existing investment in JDE
- Drive operational efficiency, visibility, and financial controls across an end-to-end ‘Source to Pay’ process. The user stories are based on the industry’s best practices, trends, and challenges.
- Provide a solution that is flexible, fit-to-purpose with a definite timeline, and is packaged for agile delivery and easy adoption.
- Enable comprehensive mobility and analytics with extended cognitive capabilities. Oracle Cloud Procurement integration with Watson will provides cognitive intelligence for field service procurement and maintenance operations. It can helps aggregate meaningful insights from suppliers, contractual agreements, external market data, field asset, install base, service and procurement into user-friendly dashboards. The IBM cognitive platform will continuously ‘learn’ and provide data to make decisions on supplier selection, should-be pricing, service enhancements and procurement options.
What are the Key Solution Features and Capabilities?
- The integrated solution is flexible fit-to-purpose for multiple industries e.g. Electronics, Industrial Products, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC), Telecom, Utilities and many others
- Lower implementation cost with faster return on investment that provides an agile entry point into Oracle Cloud with lower risk
- Standards based ‘real time’ integration between Oracle Cloud and JDE
- Field users only interact with one application to get their job done.
- Pre-approved suppliers and pre-established contracts, products, and pricing
- Easy and efficient self-service procurement for MRO items or service parts, using externally and internally (local) hosted catalogs via punch outs
- Streamlined mobile enabled ‘requisition approvals’
- Features self service receiving for indirect (expensed) and direct inventory items
- Allows suppliers to submit ASNs (Advanced Supplier Notifications) which are interfaces back to JDE
To learn more, please email us.