Every profession has unique challenges, but few careers are as demanding as those of social services caseworkers. There are inherent risks in dealing with people in crisis and these caseworkers know that if they fail to uncover these risk factors, their clients may face some very serious consequences. Every day, dedicated caseworkers strive to assist their clients in getting the services and support they need. Although committed to servicing the needs of families in crisis, caseworkers are challenged by a number of factors that eventually drive many of them to leave the profession.
- Large caseloads and backlogs without enough caseworkers to handle the load
- Paper-driven processes and disparate systems that prevent access to information in a timely manner
- An extremely high volume of unstructured data making it hard to see hidden patterns and connections
- Lack of a single view of clients across the social services ecosystem, making it hard to coordinate services
While these issues may sound a lot like the challenges we all face in our professional lives, taking a closer look at what’s at stake might change our perspective.
When caseworkers lack the support they need to do their jobs, they may leave the profession. This turnover directly correlates to individuals, children, seniors and families in crisis not receiving the services and support for which they qualify and need.
IBM has developed solutions that can help caseworkers improve the outcomes for their clients by enabling a single view of the client across their social services ecosystem delivering significant productivity improvements.
- Digitizing many paper processes and improving mobile access to critical information
- Uncovering the insight contained in data including unstructured data that can better inform the caseworker on the risks their clients face
- Using cognitive technologies to assist caseworkers in making better decisions on the appropriate recommendations at the point of service
- Increasing collaboration with other experts on their teams to deliver higher quality outcomes for their clients
Learn more about enabling the caseworker with mobile capabilities.
Share this post: