Share this post:
Start stacking your resume with digital credentials that matter
Today, we must constantly hone and enhance our skills to remain relevant in the workforce. As a society, we know we need to rapidly re-skill vast number of people on an ongoing basis to both remain relevant globally and to avoid long periods of high unemployment. IBM recognizes that making learning easily available is of paramount importance and continues to develop courses that provide learners with deep skills in some of the hot technologies. The latest amongst these are the specializations just launched on Coursera
- Introduction to Applied Data Science: In this Specialization learners will develop foundational Data Science skills to prepare them for a career or further learning that involves more advanced topics in Data Science. The specialization entails understanding what is Data Science and the various kinds of activities that a Data Scientist performs. It will familiarize learners with various open source tools, like Jupyter notebooks, used by Data Scientists.
- Intermediate Applied Data Science: This is an action-packed specialization is for data science enthusiasts who want to acquire practical skills for real world data problems. It appeals to anyone interested in pursuing a career in Data Science, and already has foundational skills
- IBM Microservices Specialization: This specialization is intended for application developers and network administrators seeking to understand the benefits of microservices architecture and container-based applications. The student learns how to develop and deploy microservices applications with Kubernetes on IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Private via a continuous release pipeline.
Now, you can also make your skills acquisition activity part of your resume with IBM Digital Badges; which are reinventing how credentials are used to recognize achievement and contribution. Today, the following courses on Coursera are eligible for an IBM badge and this will soon be extended across the entire IBM portfolio of courses available on Coursera :
- A developer’s guide to the Internet of Things (IoT) – This course is an entry level introduction to developing and deploying solutions for the Internet of Things. It will focus on capturing data from a trusted device and sending the data to a cloud platform where it can be exploited by the many services available. Successful completion of this course makes you eligible to get this IBM badge
- A Developer’s guide to Node-RED – The course will improve your use of Node-RED. It will introduce some more advanced features available in key nodes, show you how to visualize data using dashboard nodes. Successful completion of this course makes you eligible to get this IBM badge
- Applied AI with DeepLearning – This course gives you easy access to the invaluable insights into Deep Learning models used by experts in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Time Series Analysis, and many other disciplines. Successful completion of this course makes you eligible to get this IBM badge
Learn more about the IBM course portfolio on Coursera here and follow us on twitter @IBMTraining to stay abreast of the latest news and offerings.