20 January 2020 | Written by: Sharon Kent
Categorized: Events & Conferences
Share this post:
With the start of 2020, the tradition of making new year’s resolutions is in full swing. Most resolutions are destined to fail. According to a report on CBS News, this high failure rate is because our goals are too broad, too big and too many. The secret is to create a SMART-based goal:
Many resolutions can be tweaked to fit this SMART formula. So, where should you begin?
Grow Your Skills to Grow Your Value
IT professionals are keenly aware of the growing skills gap and the need to continually invest in their skill development. With the retirement of boomers coupled with the breakneck pace of new technologies, training is key to reverse this trend.
With a 20+ year legacy of delivering unparalleled technical training, IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) conferences are the place to grow your skills. You can:
- Sharpen your expertise with hundreds of learning sessions led by IBM Distinguished Engineers and product experts
- Experience the latest technology via demos geared to all skill levels
- Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM business partners in the Solution Center
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
- Learn from your peers via networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
Showcase Your Know-How
Many TechU events offer IBM Professional Certification exams and IBM Digital Badges. These credentials are a savvy way to validate your expertise. Badges are available in many areas including pervasive encryption, LinuxONE, z/OS, AIX administration, storage and more. Enhance your online resume when you display these digital credentials in your LinkedIn profile or other platforms.
Which City Is YOUR TechU?
From Istanbul to Orlando, there’s a 2020 TechU conference on every continent (except Antarctica)! You can choose from 17 events. Watch our 60 second video and decide which TechU will be YOUR learning destination.