Share this post:
Josh Bersin states in his article Career Management goes mission critical ; “One of the most disruptive changes in the world of work is the new way we manage our careers. Only a few decades ago people relied on their employers for a career. Today this has radically changed, giving birth to a new set of challenges, a new market of tools, and an exciting new marketplace for job seekers.”
“When the pace of change gets this fast,” Thomas Friedman says, “the only way to retain a lifelong working capacity is to engage in lifelong learning.” Education is central to Friedman’s vision in Thank You for Being Late. But in the age of accelerations, keeping up in a career requires a more intense commitment to mastering new skills and knowledge.
But how do individuals prepare themselves for the future of work, which is largely unknown and requires them to acquire a myriad of skills, both domain specific and general business and soft skills? Friedman argues that schools must retool themselves, making education more accessible to lifelong learners.
IBM has embraced this vision and in collaboration with Coursera has launched a series of Professional Certificates which align to specific job roles, targeted at futuristic careers; making high quality training available anytime anywhere.
IBM Professional Certificates on Coursera
Professional Certificates on Coursera help you get job-ready for an in-demand career field in less than a year. Earn a career credential, apply your knowledge to hands-on projects that showcase your skills for employers, and get access to career support resources. All IBM Professional Certificates are aligned to industry-recognized open badges
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate : Data Scientist continues to be in the top tech jobs with the greatest career opportunity listed by Glass Door for a 3rd year running.
- IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate : According to the World Economic Forum, AI is expected to generate over 50 million net new jobs in the next few years alone. Learning how to effectively harness the power of AI in the business continues to be a key skill needed to drive impact
- IBM AI Engineering Professional Certificate : AI engineers tackle the unique design challenges that result from combining the logic found in traditional applications with the learned logic from machine learning models. They are critical in their ability to create a usable product from the data science work created by the implementation of AI.
- IBM z/OS Mainframe Practitioner Professional Certificate : As the baby-boomer generation reaches retirement age, enterprises are in need of technically skilled people to manage and develop mission-critical systems. According to Zip Recruiter, 84,000 open mainframe positions are expected by 2020.
- IBM Customer Engagement Specialist Professional Certificate : One of the hottest areas with high demand is in IT customer service and support. Customer Engagement is the perfect entry point to start your career in IT, with a multitude of job openings ranging from onsite or remote help desk work to customer care or client support.
Get started IBM’s Professional Certificates on Coursera today!
Join the conversation with
IBM Training and Skills