20 January 2023 | Written by: Susan Asher
Categorized: NEW courses
Share this post:
IBM Cloud Pak® for Data is a cloud-native solution that enables users to work with data quickly and efficiently, wherever data is located, to generate meaningful insights, avoid problems and reach goals.
To be used effectively, this data must be accessible and trustworthy. Cloud Pak for Data supports data accessibility and trustworthiness by enabling users to connect to data, govern it, find it, and use it for analysis. Cloud Pak for Data also enables all your data users to collaborate from a single, unified interface that supports many services that are designed to work together, including services such as Watson Knowledge Catalog, Watson Studio, DataStage, and Watson Machine learning. All these supported services work together seamlessly and enable capabilities like data profiling, governing and protecting data, cleansing and shaping data, and using AutoAI.
With Cloud Pak for Data, there is no need to deploy multiple applications on disparate systems and then incur a large effort to connect them.
Cloud Pak for Data runs anywhere. It can run on your Red Hat® OpenShift® cluster behind your firewall on premises or in the cloud. When most of your enterprise data lives behind your firewall, it’s wise to put the applications that access your data behind your firewall to prevent accidentally sharing your data. Cloud Pak for Data can be deployed on IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
Cloud Pak for Data also supports the data fabric architecture, which enables an enterprise to unlock the value of data in a hybrid and multicloud data landscape. A data fabric architecture transforms the way that your enterprise integrates, governs, and uses data for analytics, data science, customer master data, and compliance.
A data fabric architecture gives you a consistent, streamlined, and secure way to access data from many disparate sources across hybrid and multicloud landscapes. The data fabric architecture is built into Cloud Pak for Data and supports many types of data environments and supports data sources like analytics/BI, data lakes, data warehouses and cloud data stores.
Cloud Pak for Data fosters productivity by enabling users to find existing data or request access to new data. Cloud Pak for Data prevents users from having to deploy multiple applications on disparate systems and determine how to get these various systems to connect.
Cloud Pak for Data discovers and classifies sensitive data from across an enterprise: in the cloud, on-premises, on hybrid clouds, and multiclouds. Cloud Pak for Data removes silos, accelerates AI response and facilitates compliance.
TD SYNNEX / ExitCertified offers IT training for both IBM Cloud Pak® for Data Foundations and for this new course,
IBM Cloud Pak® for Data 4.6 Bootcamp, which covers several aspects from the first part of the IBM AI Ladder (Collect and Organize) and the following topics:
- Introduction to IBM Cloud, Cloud Pak for Data and related services
- Workspaces (categories, catalogs, projects and deployment spaces)
- Assets (data, operational and configuration assets, asset properties, metadata and relationships)
- Projects and adding assets from a catalog to a project, adding services to a project, adding assets from databases or files, and adding assets to a project to work with data such as:
- Connection assets
- Connected assets
- Metadata Import
- Metadata Enrichment
- Data Refinery
- Data quality definitions, and
- Data quality rules
- Catalogs and adding assets to a catalog, profiling data and adding governance artifacts to assets
- Managing data quality with creating data quality definitions and data quality rules, building blocks for rule expressions and how to use variables as well as regular expressions for rule logic
- Governance artifacts and how they relate, including:
- Data classes
- Business terms
- Data protection rules, and
- Reference data sets
- Finding and viewing assets using governance artifacts and searching for governance artifacts
Hands-on exercises, using IBM Cloud Pak® for Data as a Service, reinforce skills learned. A number of optional topics listed below are also available:
- Workflows for Governance Artifacts
- Gallery Data Sets
- Knowledge Accelerators
This three-day course is intended for Data Stewards, Data Quality Analysts, and anyone interested in learning about Cloud Pak capabilities.
A suggested, although not mandatory, prerequisite for IBM Cloud Pak® for Data 4.6 Bootcamp is IBM Cloud Pak for Data (V4.x) Foundations | ExitCertified.