Share this post:
Over the past few months, the IBM Training team has been busy updating the Digital Learning Platform (DLP) to provide an updated look and feel. It now aligns with the Carbon Design System that is implemented throughout IBM’s website, products, and more. Carbon is an open system that is modular and flexible, and its components are designed to work seamlessly with each other. Carbon puts the user first and allows for a common design language to ensure consistent and cohesive user experiences.
Example of a course in the DLP Carbon theme
The DLP is IBM Training’s Learning Management System (LMS) which allows course developers to create and host great learning experiences for IBM clients, Business Partners, and IBMers.
The IBM Training site already uses the Carbon Design System. We’re happy to announce that the Digital Learning Platform has completed the update to Carbon.
We’ve made improvements for course developers and authors; however, learners will benefit the most from the enhanced user experience. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits:
- Faster page loads and responsive design.
- Seamless experience from searching for a course, enrolling, and launching it. We provide a unified user experience across all IBM Training portals following the Carbon guidelines.
- Additional white space for improved readability.
- A new navigation bar on the left side of all courses that provides quick access to all activities and resources within the course.
- Improved Next and Back buttons encourage linear progress through the course.
- Less clutter on the course banner. Course descriptions on the main course page are truncated to two lines. A new modal window displays the full course description, duration, skill level, and other course metadata.
- Decreased course header size provides more space for course content.
- MediaCenter videos automatically expand to the maximum width of the course content window.
- Improved accessibility compliance with more improvements planned.
Start your IBM learning journey today. Visit IBM Training to locate and enroll in a course or jump over to the free digital learning courses page.