Share this post:
5 Reasons to Attend IBM Systems TechU in Orlando
For over two decades, IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) events have delivered technical training for IT professionals on IBM Systems technologies and products. Each year we work to improve the content to meet the evolving needs of IT professionals. These global events are built for you!
Our first US event runs April 30 through May 4 in Orlando. Its deep dive technical sessions can help you grow the skills you’ve demonstrated by earning the IBM Professional Certification credential. If you’re a true blue “techie,” here are five reasons you’ll want to attend:
- Grow your skills via 750+ in-depth lectures, demos and labs delivered by IBM Distinguished Engineers, developers and product experts. Learn how to plan, architect, install, configure, migrate, operate and tune IBM infrastructure on IBM Z, IBM Power Systems and IBM Storage. Topics include:
See what’s in store when you browse session abstracts in the Agenda Preview Tool.
- Add to your credentials with six IBM Open Badges for Z.
If you’re new to IBM Z and are thinking of eventually earning Z certification, our z/OS for Rookies track is a good place to start. This full week of sessions lets you go deep on IBM Z with hands-on training delivered by IBM Technical Training Instructors.In addition, we are partnering with Interskill Learning on a post-event learning package. Attendees of the z/OS for Rookies track can take 53 Z mainframe e-learning courses at no additional cost. The Interskill courses are available from the time you register for TechU through July 31, 2018. Best of all, you can qualify for up to six IBM Open Badges when you successfully complete these Interskill e-learning courses.
- Prepare to pass key exams with IBM Storage Certification Boot Camps.
IBM Storage Certification Boot Camps can help you quickly grasp the core concepts of key IBM Storage hardware and Spectrum software products to prepare you for these Storage certification exams:
- IBM Certified Specialist: New Workloads Sales V1
- IBM Certified Specialist: Traditional Workload Sales V1
- IBM Certified Specialist: IBM Virtualized Storage V2
- IBM Certified Specialist: IBM Technical Storage
These fast-paced, three-hour sessions focus on learning core features, functions and capabilities with an emphasis on competitive differentiators.
TechU also offers certification testing on other IBM Systems products. All exams are offered at a special rate of only $100 — a 50 percent discount from what you’d pay at a testing center.
- Explore AI, machine learning and deep learning in the cognitive systems track.
Cognitive solutions are set to transform the world in dramatic ways. At TechU Orlando, you can learn more about AI on IBM Power Systems by following the Cognitive Systems track. IBM experts share their deep technical expertise in applied AI, model tuning, GPUs and distributed systems, and workload provisioning and management. You can explore the concepts of AI, machine learning and deep learning along with industry use cases, best practices, development frameworks and industry tools.
- Expand your professional network when you connect with peers and product developers.
Post-conference surveys reveal that professional networking consistently ranks as a top reason people attend IBM TechU events. With its mid-sized Orlando venue, TechU makes it easy for you to meet and mingle with IBM product developers and others who use similar technologies. Throughout the week, there are multiple opportunities for exchanging ideas and business cards!Don’t miss out on this unparalleled skill building. Enroll today for IBM TechU in Orlando.
P.S. If the Orlando TechU doesn’t fit your schedule, choose one of our other 2018 TechU events.