Share this post:
Growing your skills is always a smart career move. The IBM Systems Technical University, April 30-May 4 in Orlando, is the perfect forum for expanding your skill set. Designed for unabashed “techies,” this 4.5 day conference offers you a deep dive into smarter computing implementation, product announcements, infrastructure, and key topics across the IBM Z, IBM Power Systems and IBM Storage platforms. Here are five reasons to attend:
1. Detailed technical training sessions on IBM Systems infrastructure — IBM Z, IBM Power Systems and IBM Storage — are ONLY available at IBM Systems Technical Universities
Now in their 24th year, IBM Systems Technical Universities (IBM TechU) are industry-renowned global training events for focused, in-depth systems training.
2. Sharpen your expertise with hundreds of sessions and labs led by IBM Distinguished Engineers, IBM developers or product experts, the A-team of the IBM Systems community
It’s hard to beat the value of learning from the IBM experts who develop the products. Their insight and perspective are unrivaled. Many sessions are led by staff from our Systems Centers. These people work closely with clients so they can speak to how the technologies perform out of the labs in customer environments. Plus numerous opportunities are available for you to learn from your peers via panel discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes.
The Orlando TechU sessions are designed to deliver skills that can be applied when you return to your office. Here’s an example of in-demand skills that you can polish in the sessions and hands-on labs:
- I can utilize IBM z14 servers to secure enterprise data by implementing pervasive encryption.
- I can migrate to z/OS V2.3, z/VM V6.4 and the current Linux for IBM Z to exploit the latest features.
- I can architect IBM Z enterprise solutions that utilize open data analytics, machine learning, blockchain, database, and transactional middleware.
- I can modernize my IBM Z infrastructure using cloud, APIs, DevOps, automation, monitoring and decision management.
IBM Power Systems
- I can understand the hardware capabilities of the POWER9 family of micro-processors.
- I can create a private cloud in minutes with IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager.
- I can understand the many different facets of cognitive computing: Traditional HPC, Advanced HPC, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Analysis (SPARK), PowerAI, Open Databases, and Hyperconverged Cloud Infrastructure.
- I can transform my data center with IBM Hyperconverged Systems powered by Nutanix.
IBM Storage (Cloud Object Storage, Flash Systems, Spectrum Protect Plus, Software Defined Infrastructure, Security)
- I can store scanned images, documents and photos at scale using IBM Cloud Object Storage.
- I can run design and modeling batch jobs faster with fewer resources thanks to Software Defined Infrastructure.
- I can reduce my Oracle and SAP software license costs with IBM FlashSystem.
- I can recover from a ransomware attack with IBM Spectrum Protect.
- I can understand hot disruptive technologies including deep learning and machine learning.
- I can apply design thinking techniques to make my projects more effective.
- I can discover why most IT projects fail and how I can make mine succeed.
3. Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
More than 50 vendors will be on hand to showcase their latest offerings. Many IBM organizations will also have booths, including IBM Redbooks, which will highlight the latest IBM Redbooks materials published. The Solution Center is your go-to destination for using the latest technology while getting your questions answered by experts.
4. Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers, industry analysts and IBM executives
Post-conference surveys reveal that professional networking consistently ranks as a top reason people attend IBM events. Where else can you meet product developers, IBM executives and industry analysts all in one place? Throughout the conference, there are multiple venues for exchanging ideas and business cards!
5. Earn your IBM Professional Certification via onsite certification testing
Validate your expertise when you earn the valuable credential of an IBM Certified Professional. Certification testing is available on a drop-in basis during conference business hours. Exams are offered at a special rate of only $100 — a 50 percent discount from what you’d pay at a testing center.
Don’t wait. Enroll in the Orlando IBM Systems Technical University by December 31 and save $500 off tuition with the Super Saver rate. If you can’t make the Orlando TechU , check out the full schedule of worldwide events at ibm.com/training/events.