February 6, 2019 | Written by: René Schimmer
Share this post:
Today IBM released not one, but four, updates to work with IBM Connections 6!
Continuing with IBM Collaboration Solutions’ goal to release end-user focused features on a quarterly basis, IBM Connections CR4 and the accompanying components put the end user at the center of our efforts.
All four releases are available today on IBM Fix Central or the respective mobile app stores.
IBM Connections CR4
The Cumulative Refresh contains a long list of end-user focused enhancements driving adoption and helping users to get their work done.
Mobile Clients, version 6.1.3
IBM Connections Mobile App 6.1.3 for iOS and Android (released to app stores earlier)
IBM Connections Component Pack 220.127.116.11
Updates to Orient Me, Customizer and Elastic Search
IBM Connections Customizer Light 1.0
New in the mix, the Customizer Light is available to customers who want to customize their IBM Connections experience without installing the rest of the Component Pack.
More on CR4
IBM Connections CR4 continues to center our efforts on streamlining the user experience and providing a contemporary UI with features focused on usability, engagement, and maintenance.
IBM Connections 6 CR4, including installation instructions, can be found now on IBM Fix Central.
- Communities: Newly designed Community Catalog page helps to quickly take in, and sort, filter, act on Communities
- Communities: Easily unsubscribe from Community emails that you no longer wish to receive
- Wiki: Automatically locks a wiki page to avoid editing conflicts
- Files: New card-based view for recently viewed files
- Files: “Share via Link” makes it easy to share and grant read access to personal and Community files
- Orient Me: Embedded Experience for external events
- Orient Me: Announcement Banner for organizational news keeps everybody up-to-date
- Newsletter and Notifications: Emails pull people into Connections – new layout, fresh design, de-duplication
- Highlights app: New widget configuration UX with live-preview
- Metrics: Export to csv; custom date range for all People/Participation reports
Find your Communities faster with the new Community Catalog page
More on the mobile application
The mobile app for IBM Connections has been updated with a number of end user focused improvements – look for it on the app stores. A key highlight here is the new Community navigation across Community applications – always available it makes it easy to switch from one Community app to another.
Mobile: New Navigation now available across the Community apps
More on the Component Pack
Component Pack 18.104.22.168 contains many security updates, including containers running as non-root, storage owned by non-root and not world writeable, an optional adoption of Pod Security Policies, and alignment with many of the CIS Docker Benchmarks. There are also several new Orient Me features including Activitystream 3rd party event support, notification and responses event support, embedded experiences, announcement bar support and hashtag support within Orient tiles.
IBM Fix Central:
Other IBM Connections related components on the IBM Solutions Catalog: