March 31, 2017 | Written by: René Schimmer
Share this post:
Following up on my post from Tuesday – today we made IBM Connections 6.0 officially available for download!
You can find download instructions here: https://ibm.biz/BdisBR
To recap, IBM Connections 6.0 brings a range of new capabilities to the end-user creating a richer, more focused and more effective experience. With IBM Connections 6.0 we added new functionality across the board from Communities, to Files, Search, Onboarding as well as the brand-new IBM Connections Homepage – Orient Me.
To highlight the main updates, here is a quick summary:
Advanced Community customization capabilities provide Community owners additional options for designing their custom Community. Community owners can:
- Create Community experiences with enhanced rich text content editing (HTML), so that Community members can enjoy an engaging experience.
- Choose from new modern layouts with a horizontal navigation bar to better use space on Community pages and match the Community’s purpose more effectively.
- Create new Communities faster by choosing from existing layouts, which can help to save time and establish guidelines for Community design.
- Reduce clutter on Community pages by hiding a widget while retaining its link in the navigation menu.
- Files users can select a top-level folder in their Files and mark it for sync. This permits the users to take the content of entire folders offline to their desktop and keep them synchronized with the files on the server.
- For IBM Connections environments with large amounts of documents stored in IBM Connections Files, administrators can now leverage IBM Cloud Object Storage, the hybrid cloud object storage that adapts to your workload needs.
Relevant updates are brought front and center
- IBM Connections Orient Me can be used with Connections V6.0 to provide new home page capabilities that apply advanced analytics to surface information and people that are most relevant to an individual. Individuals can take advantage of new capabilities provided by Connections Orient Me:
- See, at a glance, the updates and information most relevant to users, displayed in a new visual layout and prioritized based on their interaction with content and people.
- Apply new content and people filters to better control what users see.
- More easily view updates grouped by a person, a Community, or content.
- Receive suggestions about the people most likely to be important and relevant to their work.
- See a snapshot of their day in the Action Center, accessible throughout Connections