December 12, 2016 | Written by: Daniel Davis
Share this post:
What does it take to be a leader in the collaboration solutions space? For different industry analysts this might mean different things, but we believe the overarching theme is helping people work together better, faster and more efficiently. In order to be more effective, employees must be able to find expertise and knowledge quickly and easily, share information and insights widely yet securely, and, amidst all this constant flow of information, tasks and data, still focus on their most important work. It’s our belief that to be broadly recognized as a leader, a collaboration solution must handle all of these often competing asks well – and not just well, but better than the competition.
Over the past year, analysts have consistently recognized IBM solutions as a leader in the collaboration space. While IBM is proud of the recognition and distinction and the momentum we have built, we have never been a company to rest on our laurels. We are working diligently to improve our already impressive solutions through new features, cognitive capabilities, integrations with strategic partners, and much more.
We look forward to sharing more about these developments with you in the future. In the meantime, please read more about what industry analysts have to say about IBM collaboration solutions:
- The Aragon Research Globe™ for Social Software, 2016: Shifting to Work and Outcomes1 named IBM a leader in its evaluation of enterprise social network providers for the fourth consecutive year, citing IBM’s global presence, predictive analytics capabilities and growing partner ecosystem.
- The Constellation ShortList™ for Social Task Management: Enterprise Suites with Project Features2 has recognized IBM Connections Activities for its combination of collaboration, social networking and project management capabilities.
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Collaboration, Q4 20163 named IBM a leader among the nine collaboration solution providers that matter most, citing IBM Connections as a leading solution for broad, secure enterprise collaboration with strong integration to core systems and across IBM products.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync and Share Platforms: Cloud Solutions, Q1 20164 named IBM a leader, citing the broad collaboration, file sharing and social analytics capabilities of IBM Connections Cloud.
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync And Share Platforms, Hybrid Solutions, Q2 20165 cited IBM as a leader among the ten most significant providers of enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) solutions with hybrid or on-premises deployment options.
- The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace6 named IBM a leader for the 7th year in a row, recognized for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
- IDC’s Worldwide Enterprise Social Networks, Online Communities, and Innovation Management Market Shares, 2015: Innovation at Scale7 shows IBM has maintained its #1 position in Core Enterprise Social Networks for the 7th consecutive year.
- The Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise Social Networking Product 2016-178 named IBM a Leader in its latest examination of the enterprise social networking landscape.
1. The Aragon Research Globe™ for Social Software, 2016: Shifting to Work and Outcomes, Sept 23, 2016.
2. Constellation ShortList™ for Social Task Management: Enterprise Suites with Project Features, October 2016.
3. The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Collaboration, Q4 2016.
4. The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share Platforms, Cloud Solutions, Q1 2016.
5. The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share Platforms, Hybrid Solutions, Q2 2016.
6. Gartner Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace, October 26, 2015. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Worldwide Enterprise Social Networks, Online Communities and Innovation Management Market Shares, 2015: Innovation at Scale, August 2016, IDC #US41576016.
8. Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting an Enterprise Social Networking Product 2016-17, October 27 2016.